•  
Advertise here

AUDI Q7 ACCELERATION LAG/DELAY

buchukoy

Guys,

When I step on the gas, from parked position, the car won't respond right away, probably 0.5 sec approx, and when it's running and I let go off the gas (say coming to a round about), once I step on it again, it takes awhile to respond, doesn't matter which gear the car's engage to.

Anyone experiencing the same?? Can somebody shed light into this.. the Q7 is 2007 model 4.2 V8, if that would help.

Thanks in advance..

Cheers.

I had a similar issue with my Renault Megane, whenever this problem would start the Renault people would say they have cleaned the throttle body and than the problem would disappear for about a couple of years. My advise is to get the throttle body cleaned nicely and try. No harm and its not going to cost you much.

Barry asked a very important question which wasn't answered, that does the engine rev up before the delay and then the transmission kicks in or there is a delay in the engine itself from the time the gas pedal is pushed to the engine actually getting up and going.

4 hours ago, desertdude said:

Barry asked a very important question which wasn't answered, that does the engine rev up before the delay and then the transmission kicks in or there is a delay in the engine itself from the time the gas pedal is pushed to the engine actually getting up and going.

i experience the same thing with my car. i am not complaining tho lol

I feel more like the transmission is confused whether to downshift or upshift when its supposed to downshift for the extra power and again its not from a standstill but when moving in low speeds. when it kicks in, its soo much fun xD

@barry and desertdude;

i couldn't really identify if its the engine or the tranny, but.... 'it seems like' its the tranny as i hear the engine revs before the tranny responds... i may be wrong..

the DSG/filter has never been changed, i was told by the audi mechanic (sonny) that those tranny types don't require oil/filter change unless is shifts very badly which is not my case, the car shifts smoothly.

@hAwX;

reason is, i have other cars of japanese and american make and i don't experience it with supposedly cheaper cars and it makes me feel bad i have to experience it with the supposedly expensiver car.

@taqir;

no i don't think its a turbo..

thanks for your replies.

In this case I highly suggest to change your gear oil and gear oil filter immediately. This made for life and dont change until gear stuck is crap sold by dealers to sell you whole tranny when its too late to rebuilt. Delay in responding could be first step, and next will be jerking, then shifting hesitation.