We drove to Al Qua'a desert to shoot the Milkyway. That region of the desert is almost with zero light pollution and hence a very good location to do night 

photography. The area is surrounded by beautiful dunes very photographic. 

AL QUAA.jpg

DSC_7343.jpg

DSC_7357.jpg

DSC_7364.jpg

DSC_7370.jpg

DSC_7390.jpg

DSC_7393.jpg

DSC_7395.jpg

DSC_7398.jpg

DSC_7437.jpg

• Like 2

Few more clicks..

DSC_7454.jpg

DSC_7455.jpg

DSC_7457.jpg

DSC_7463.jpg

DSC_7458.jpg

DSC_7464.jpg

DSC_7473.jpg

DSC_7476.jpg

• Like 2

That was a night to remember and what an experience we had under blanket of stars.

Thanks for last minute invite, hope next time you can inform me few days in advance.

Wow, missed out on a great area. Hope to join you guys next time.

Great, I have heard that it will be very difficult to find places without light pollution in UAE. Thanks for the info.

Please post a drive here next time before you guys go, I love to join such area.

This was the exact location we camped out: 23.7563280, 54.7821730 (google maps).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rahimdad
      Now that we found love what are we going to do with it.. We are going to have an Absolute Newbie or a Newbie drive depending on the level of the participants. Looking forward to an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment.
      Level Newbie and above
      When: 16 November 2018
      Meeting time: 06:00 am, convoy will move at sharp 06:15 am
      Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road GPS Coordinate: https://maps.google.com/?cid=15033938015658585340
      Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 10:00 am
      What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 10:00 am
      Those interested please mark accept on the below calendar.

@Emil & @Javier M. You can sign up for this drive which will allow you to learn about desert driving in a very organized way.
    • By Rahimdad
      Now that we found love what are we going to do with it.. We are going to have an Absolute Newbie or a Newbie drive depending on the level of the participants. Looking forward to an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment.
      Level Newbie and above
      When: 16 November 2018
      Meeting time: 06:00 am, convoy will move at sharp 06:15 am
      Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road GPS Coordinate: https://maps.google.com/?cid=15033938015658585340
      Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 10:00 am
      What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 10:00 am
      Those interested please mark accept on the below calendar.
    • By skumar83
      Route from Al Shuwaib to Iftar Bowl via Super Bowl - Intermediate Level Track - Minimum 3 capable 4x4 vehicles 

Shuwaib Iftar bowl.gpx
    • By Recall
      ANNOUNCEMENT
      Safety recall campaign statement: Replacement of front lower control arm to knuckle joint for certain 2016 - 2017 model year Range Rover Evoque vehicles 
      In coordination with the Ministry of Economy - Consumer Protection Department and in line with its commitment to conduct an on-going review of all products in the UAE to provide the consumer with the required protection, Al Tayer Motors, the local importer - dealer of Land Rover vehicles in the UAE, and Premier Motors the official dealer for Land Rover vehicles in Abu Dhabi, announce a safety recall campaign for certain 2016 - 2017 model year (MY) Range Rover Evoque vehicles, manufactured in the UK, to replace the front lower control arm to knuckle joint. 
      A concern has been identified with a small number of Range Rover Evoque 2016 and 2017 MY vehicles. Investigations have identified that the front lower control arm to knuckle joint fixings have received more than two torque and angle applications during assembly, such that the fixing can yield so resulting in premature fatigue failure and possible separation of the joint 
      Where joint failure is imminent, drivers may report a knocking noise from the front of the vehicle. Where the fixing has failed, and joint separation occurred, vehicle stability and steering control will be compromised. The driver and driver assistance systems may not be able to control the vehicle leading to an increased risk of a crash.
      A total of 14 vehicles in the Range Rover Evoque VIN range SALVA2AN5GH149193 to SALVA2BN1HH176858 are estimated to be affected in the UAE. 
      In the interest of delivering the highest standards of Land Rover quality and customer care, Al Tayer Motors /Premier Motors will begin contacting the affected customers to inform them about this recall. 
      Owners are also notified to bring their cars to Al Tayer Motors / Premier Motors' service centres to replace the front lower control arm to knuckle fixing and apply the correct torque. The replacements will be done free of charge and every effort will be made to minimise any inconvenience caused during the short time required for the work to be carried out 
      For further clarification, customers may contact the Al Tayer Motors / Premier Motors Customer Care Centre on 800 MOTORS (668677) from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, Saturday to Thursday. 
      We regret any inconvenience this may cause and thank our customers for their patience and understanding. 
      Hotline No: 600 522 225 

• By skumar83
      I am currently running a high gear ratio (lower numerical) of 3.07 and have found no major issues while desert driving. However, since I had increased my tire size from 29" to a 31", and since I am looking in the near future at a possible differential replacement, I wanted your suggestions on whether it would be advisable to go for a lower gear ratio (higher numerical) like 3.54, 3.73 or even 4.10.
      What I have understood from reading online is that when you mention a 3.07 gear ratio, the drive shaft would rotate 3.07 times for one rotation of the wheel. So that means that while driving on the highway you would get better mileage as the drive shaft is rotating less as compared to a 3.54 gear ratio. In the US, all the forums suggest going for a lower gear ratio (higher numerical) like 3.73 or 4.10 as a minimum, but then their offroading activity is more into rock crawling where you would need the car engine to be in right bandwidth of approx 3000 rpm so that you have maximum torque but with low speed to climb the obstacle.

How would the gear ratios matter while doing desert driving where momentum is the main thing. By lowering the gear ratio to 3.54 or 3.73 I presume my speed would on the 1st gear would reduce which would reduce the performance.

So bottom line for desert driving is whether a high gear ratio (lower numerical) better than a low gear ratio (higher numerical) ?