•  
Advertise here

Sharjah classic car museum

Barry

Took a trip to Sharjah classic car museum with mrs Barry and my brother in law. All in all, a good experience. I'd recommend you go. Over 100 cars. Most of them are in their original state, i.e. All unrestored, complete with patina. The highlights for me were the French classics, Peugeot 304, Citroen Ds, plus the German vw karmann ghost. Here are a few teaser pics, go see the rest for your self.....

IMG_3486.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3488.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the post @Barry this is an amazing share and an amazing experience. There are only 2 car museums in UAE, one is Sharjah as Barry has posted and the other which is really worth a visit is the one that belongs to the Rainbow Sheikh on the way to Liwa. Although the Sharjah Car Museum is closer and contains classics.

However the Car Museum on the way to Liwa is about 45 kilometres south of Abu Dhabi city, this ‘pyramid’ houses around 200 cars belonging to HH Sheikh Hamad Bin Hamdan Al Nahyan.

There is a vast collection of off-road vehicles and classic American cars, the Sheikh's Mercedes rainbow collection and the world's largest truck. Some of the collection was featured in the BBC television programme Top Gear.

This is a fascinating collection and a great place to stop on the way to or from Liwa. Opening times are 9am to 6pm seven days a week, but are subject to change.

Entry fee: AED 50 (US$ 13.6), children under 10 enter for free
Where: South of Abu Dhabi, Hamim Road, Off E11, Al Gharbia
Telephone: +971 55 7492155

• Like (+1) 1