•  
Advertise here

Cracking sound when turning steering

My name is pankaj.I own a pajero 2011 model. the problem is when Turing my steering some cracking sound comes from the front wheels. Showed it Habthoor. They are not able to resolve it. Its 2.5 inch lifted. Pls advice a good worshop to resolve the  issue .

Have you got the axle boot checked for cracks or leaking grease. If boots are completely torn and dry then get them change at the earliest before they damage the axle grooves itself, which will be too expensive to change. This change of axle boot in Pajero's is also quiet involved job and might cost you good money, but it's worth changing them as a schedule maintenance which is good for 40k-50k kms easy with Mitsubishi original spare parts.

Well if car is lifted then this noise may be coz of drive shaft angle got distorted after the 2.5 inch lift. At least that's a known cause in Jeep wrangler. Solution is easy, to install a spacer under the transfer case to lower the drive shaft angle to correct the geometry. 

• Like (+1) 1

I checked this out a couple of days ago. Initially I suspected it would be the driveshafts too but on further investigation I was able to replicate the noise using a prybar at the side of the diff mount bushings. Had a look at the bushings and they were in bad shape. The rubber is deteriorated and cracked. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Baraz said:

Well if car is lifted then this noise may be coz of drive shaft angle got distorted after the 2.5 inch lift. At least that's a known cause in Jeep wrangler. Solution is easy, to install a spacer under the transfer case to lower the drive shaft angle to correct the geometry. 

Barry checked it and identify the issue.  He will fix it on saturday. Thanks for great support from all.