•  
Advertise here

Have you guys got the wrong speeding fine?

Allstar

I have just been flashed today an hour back, while I was driving at 90 on the road of 100, yes not even close to 120 and still got the flash. Although I haven't got the fine sms yet, but I'm worried if I get the fine how do I prove my innocence.....? I am sure it's a faulty camera or error with speed radar to trigger but how do I prove this to RTA or Dubai Police?

I am driving from so many years and never got a wrong fine, as you said you havent received the fine yet so it must not have been recorded in your account. Relax.

I suggest keep checking fine daily on Dubai police website, as sometime they update the fines after few days. If it's listed then call police and ask the way to report the wrongful fine, i am sure they do have certain procedure in place.

Well you haven't been fined yet, just making a mountain out of a mole hill now. It could have flashed another car close to you or even in the opposite direction on the other side. As of now this is a non issue.

Has happened many times to me, I could have sworn the radar flashed me and I never get a fine for it.

Your fine should have come in week's time (max), and more than likely it must have flashed on some other car if you were on 90.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I have never been wrongfully fined, and I am sure like the others have pointed out its just another car which was flashed and you don't need to worry yet. Just keep checking if the fine appears in a day or two and than take it up with Dubai Police as suggested. About the part on how to prove that you were on 90 KPH, I am totally unaware on how you would be able to prove it, however if the camera was wrongly clicking that day, than you must not be the only one with a fine and a complaint, that should help your case.

All the best @Allstar, hope you don't have to go through the hassle and do not get fined at all.

• 2 weeks later...