•  
Advertise here

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - 27 Jan 2017

On 1/19/2017 at 2:59 PM, Rahimdad said:

@ameen bhai you are most welcome to bring your Tiida to the meeting point and join one of us for the ride, we will drop you back to your car on return.

in that case, can i join too? :D

There are some very important points I like to share with absolute newbie based on my extensive off-road experience:

• Deflation is king:- 
    Always deflate between 12-14 PSI and double check the deflation after 30 mins of driving. Under-deflation is the first and biggest cause of all stucks and refusals.

• Straight up, straight down:-
    As a newbie for first few drives, no sideways and no side sloping for your own safety until you get hang of your vehicle reaction in sand and that too on side sloping.

• Learn from other people mistakes:-
    If you see car in front of you struggled on some patch, choose little right or left path to not to repeat the same mistake. Desert is open so be creative and safe.

• Don't defy the gravity:-
    If you can't climb uphil, simply go back and try again with little more speed just enough to climb. Don't defy the gravity once stuck, as that will dig you more deeper.

• Keep yourself calm and don't panic:-
    No matter even after 100 stucks, keep yourself calm as when you panic you will loose the fun of driving off-road and get stuck more by getting scared unnecessarily.
  • Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Very nicely explained @Gaurav bhai. Please do not by heart this, we will brief this on the day before the drive and introduce you to recovery items that are required for off-roading, as well as answer any questions that you may have. 2 days to go, excitement is building.