•  
Advertise here

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - 27 Jan 2017

DSC_2174 (Large).JPGDSC_2228 (Large).JPGGaurav and Rahimdad explaining the techniques of going up and over a dune!DSC_2018 (Large).JPG

Class on the basic gear to have

DSC_2020 (Large).JPGDSC_2021 (Large).JPG

The full set

DSC_2023 (Large).JPG

DeflatingDSC_2026 (Large).JPG

First view of the deep desert! So calm and surreal!DSC_2028 (Large).JPG

From the inside of Rahimdads trusty Pathfinder

DSC_2029 (Large).JPG

DSC_2032 (Large).JPGDSC_2033 (Large).JPGDSC_2036 (Large).JPGDSC_2038 (Large).JPGDSC_2040 (Large).JPGDSC_2043 (Large).JPGDSC_2045 (Large).JPGDSC_2046 (Large).JPGDSC_2048 (Large).JPGDSC_2050 (Large).JPGDSC_2051 (Large).JPGDSC_2069 (Large).JPGDSC_2071 (Large).JPGDSC_2115 (Large).JPGDSC_2147 (Large).JPGDSC_2152 (Large).JPG

DSC_2174 (Large).JPGDSC_2228 (Large).JPGDSC_2229 (Large).JPGDSC_2232 (Large).JPGDSC_2256 (Large).JPGDSC_2259 (Large).JPGDSC_2264 (Large).JPGDSC_2359 (Large).JPGDSC_2381 (Large).JPGDSC_2386 (Large).JPGDSC_2388 (Large).JPGDSC_2421 (Large).JPG

DSC_2417 (Large).JPG

• Like (+1) 3

Awesome clicks @evoboy2016 and shilpa, thanks for joining. Hope to see you soon in your own 4x4 buddies......!

What about coming friday drive, are you both joining again....? It will be good fun in Tawi area that is slightly more challenging than Mahafiz newbie level.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Truly amazing pics and commentary by Joseph, and awesome company for me by both Joseph and Shilpa, looking forward to hitting the dunes again with you guys. Hope you can make it this weekend again.

4 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Truly amazing pics and commentary by Joseph, and awesome company for me by both Joseph and Shilpa, looking forward to hitting the dunes again with you guys. Hope you can make it this weekend again.

Sure! I will be there!

1 hour ago, jshivkumar said:

Hello, I have a Nissan pathfinder 2015 model. Will this be suitable for the Newbie Desert Drive?

@jshivkumar please advise if your Pathfinder 2015 model is the new 3.5 liter with the new shape, or the Pathfinder Classic with the 4.0 Liter engine. In case you have the new shaped 3.5 liter engine than I am sorry to say that it is not meant for the desert. However if you have the Pathfinder Classic shape with the 4.0 liter engine, it is a capable off-roader, the only thing to be careful with will be the bumpers as they are low and made of plastic and you might end up damaging the same. If you still want to join you can meet us at the meeting point and take a ride with somebody to experience the flavor of off-roading.

New Nissan Pathfinder 3.5 liter engine.2017-Nissan-Pathfinder-front-three-quart

Nissan Pathfinder Classic 4.0 liter engine

nissan-pathfinder-10.jpg?itok=3lcl8BDX

• Like (+1) 1

@jshivkumar Better safe than sorry, although I have seen clubs allow all sorts of AWD (All Wheel Drives) in to the desert drives, but it is always better to make an educated choice. We are all out for some fun and none of us will enjoy going back home on a tow truck. Sometimes people get lucky and get away with driving an AWD through the desert, but it is not recommended. A lot of people opt for coming out for trips and enjoying a ride with someone where they can learn and pick up tips on the best desert toys for less. Just come out with us and enjoy a ride with one of us and you can than decide if you are interested and want to take up this sport on a regular basis and what 4x4 will suit you best.

Many thanks for your interest and we are all looking forward to welcoming you on your first drive.