•  
Advertise here

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - 27 Jan 2017

I'm using MotionX-GPS app on iPhone and I'm totally impressed with its track recording, saving and sharing capabilities.

Below is the yesterday track, started from Mahafiz mosque (left) - Fossil Rock (Right top) - Faya (center down) - Mahafiz.

IMG_2017.PNG

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

I'm using MotionX-GPS app on iPhone and I'm totally impressed with its track recording, saving and sharing capabilities.

Below is the yesterday track, started from Mahafiz mosque (left) - Fossil Rock (Right top) - Faya (center down) - Mahafiz.

IMG_2017.PNG

Hi Guarav, 

can you share this track with us ? 

3 hours ago, evoboy2016 said:

@Gaurav @Rahimdad

Is there a way to save the trip data on the Ardhi app. I want to try reinstalling the app but afraid that I might loose the trip data.

Its a very new launch so I'm not sure, but it says as long as your profile is public and not private, any member can see your map. I guess it still needs to be creased out.

1 hour ago, annie said:

Hi guys, wondering how much these drive costs for enrolling 2 of us in one car?

Hi Annie, no cost involved, just bring your smiles, enthusiasm, spirit of adventure and willingness to learn. Our doors are always open.

On 1/28/2017 at 4:06 PM, Rahimdad said:

Hi Annie, no cost involved, just bring your smiles, enthusiasm, spirit of adventure and willingness to learn. Our doors are always open.

Really.....! how come.....?  will convince my bf and hope to join you guys soon

Well Annie, this is our passion and we like to pass out knowledge to anyone who is interested with a hope that they will pass on this knowledge to others who are willing to learn.

If you bf does not agree, one of us can pick you up so that you can see for yourself why we enjoy this sport so much.

On 1/28/2017 at 3:06 PM, jason200 said:

Hi Guarav, 

can you share this track with us ? 

Hi Jason, just realized that while saving the track it overlapped with my other 3 more drive - 2 in same area and 1 in liwa. Attaching here the full track, if you want to use it, ignore the liwa (distant) portion and zoom into mahafiz - fossil rock area you can still use it. If you find some more intelligent way to edit these kmz file, do let me know so that I can also clean it up.

Mahafiz To Faya.kmz

Mahafiz To Faya.gpx

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Wow Gaurav Bhai. This video sums up the day so well. It was an amazing day out and now the essence of the drive captured and stored for future reference. Truly feel like the moments were relived and your GoPro Hero 5 and Nikon camera are the winners in the hands of an amazing person. Thank you for all your hard work and sharing the results.