•  
Advertise here

Best radiator for UAE heat - Aluminium / Copper+Brass

Gaurav

This seems like never ending debate and research for me and my friend who drive for track and pushes the car to extreme and I do same for off-road. We both looking to upgrade the cooling system and tired of researching 100000 pros and cons of both.

Can someone more experience here shed some light which one is actually better and why?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I am more than sure this thread will win with Aluminum choice, but I am not saying the aluminium that comes in stock cars that has single core and plastic tank. I meant for full aluminium choice used for real performance.

I was going to say the same thing, check which metal is better heat conductor and that would be the best. But I dunno anyone who does copper rads.

Another thing which you can do is upgrade the rad. Put in a rad with bigger and more lines. I've done that on several cars and its pretty cheap, last one I remember was 600dhs for a custom built core. I have pics of it lying around somewhere if interested Ill put them up

Copper is better in removing heat faster, but aluminium get half as thin than aluminium (by keeping same strength), so resulting in more space in the tube to run more coolant faster. All of the performance radiator are full aluminium, incl the tank at the top and bottom to sustain higher psi pressure.

Thanks @ameen for more detailed input, anyone knows from where to get these all aluminum performance radiator?

@desertdude I have changed that two core OEM with 3 core copper+brass radiator 3-4 years back from dolphin and still has always this borderline heating while pushing. Though this car was not on full time offroad so never bothered to dig deeper in the past.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Full aluminium performance radiator you can get with tazweed in sharjah or ramy trading in dubai. Serck custom made are made with fuck all alumium that is too heavy and thick, that does lesser good as compare to the ready made that comes in 1000-1500 dhs range.