•  
Advertise here

Which is the best car speaker without woofer and amp

ameen

Which is the best brand and model car speaker that can be loud and clear without the sub woofer and amplifier. I dont have much space in my car but I want to upgrade my car audio system original speaker to nice grade powerful speakers. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Start with the head unit first, you could have the best speakers in the world but if they are receiving crappy audio from the source, they will still sound like crap. And similarly the headunit also cannot do anything of you are going to be playing crappy encoded low bit rate mp3s on it. So go in that order. If you have good source material and good Playback even half decent speakers will give you a good result.

• Like (+1) 1

sorry I have kenwood head unit instead of oem, I think bought for 500 dhs 2 years back that comes with usb and bluetooth and now I am thinking of upgrading the speakers. You are right after the head unit change output improved susbstantially, and now I like to spend little bit more to make it even better.

Moonlighting as a Producer, Mixing and Mastering engineer I can fill out pages on this subject, but I'll keep it short and sweet. Since I don't know your car type, or what kind of music you prefer to listen to, I'm going to keep it generic to get a good overall balanced sound. Technically one speaker cannot produce the entire frequency range of the sound spectrum. So assuming you have a regular sedan, I would say get a decent set of tweeters in the front, placed at ear level, usually the A pillars, And for the doors ( assuming your doors have only a single speaker and don't have low range [bass] encloures built it ) get the speaker with the widest frequency range, between 12Khz to even 60Hz would be good. All this info should be available on the box or the website of the speaker in the form of a frequency response chart. Keep the speakers within the power output range of the head unit. Don't go too low or too high. ( Like your headunit will say 50w x 4 ) That means you can connect 4 speakers of 50w and be OK. Speakers too low can get blown out or distort the sound badly at higher volumes and speakers too high will mean you will really have to pump the volume to be able to listen at a decent level.

As for brand any of the popular and known brands should be OK. Since its a Kenwood headunit I would say go for Kenwood speakers and they could be better matched with the headunit. Pioneer is another good make for DIY car audio.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just a thought, off course not as educated like above but make a visit to deira naif market and these shops sells and install everything on auiod expertise. They can actually advise you better based on what is available in local market and what can actually fit in your car.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

Ameen your story some what sounds like my swb pajero scenario, no space for sub woofer and amp. Living on driver door and rear speaker since 7 years. If you find some good quality solution please let me know.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

This seems like a genius idea buddy, now I know why in Mustang there is no sub woofer I can see but Shaker speakers are so loud and thumping it can vibrate the car in half volume, and that also has similar 4 speaker setup but really fat speakers you can make out from the enclosure.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Even your old P38 had Harman & Kardon woofers in every door, which once again if you can't find the right woofer you buy a couple of them on the cheap from the LR scrappy and fabricate a box for them. You'll need an amp to run any extra woofers/ speakers which you can ditch anywhere example under the seat. Or you can buy an active shallow sub enclosure which has a built in amp.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzKPtHAqDzQN_d76dKEyeTKmJhdWH_sCGObuq7epO85ouhg7CGbg

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use