•  
Advertise here

Which is the best car speaker without woofer and amp

ameen

Amazing el-cheapo idea :-), as I also don't wanna spend too much on music system considering my offroad driving style might toss these heavy gizmo's in first few months.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks a lot guys, you have given me enough food for thought now and let me start from lowest to highest. Special thanks to @desertdude for sharing so much technical knowledge, creative ideas and show more than one way to skin a cat.

Pioneer and Kenwood they both make good mid-range (price) but very nice speakers, go with the one that has super bass as they come with small woofeer in built and they are slightly expensive like 300-400 dhs for a pair. If you can't stick this in your door then you can install them in the rear windown for sure. If you install 4 of these then I am sure you don't really require sub-woofer in small car (assuming).

It all depends on how much you like to spend, if you want proper good solution then look for good brands like Helix, Blam and Focal instead of these over commercialized brand like sony, pioner and kenwood.

Thanks @desertdude for sharing such amazing info. I know you are the person to approach to get something done at a very reasonable price and have a high quality work done. a lot of DIYs. I too was thinking of changing my sound system on my Pathy R50 as it now officially sounds terrible. Just trying to save a few bucks and I will meet up with you to find the best possible solution for my Pathy.

Look at a sound system as what it is, a system. Head unit/amplification, cables, speakers/boxes. Amplification is the start. If you have a decent aftermarket head unit with a good inbuilt amplifier then you're sorted. If you intend on keeping your original head unit it's worth investing on an amplifier. Amp technology has come a long way and there are many small amps you can hide behind a panel and nobody would ever know it's there. You also need to be aware of the power output of the amplifier and how many outputs it has. Next thing is wiring. Google OFC (oxygen free cable), also look into gold plated connectors. Next thing is speakers. Make sure your speakers can handle what the amp is pushing to them. It's very easy to pop a cone. Honestly, sound systems is a very complicated topic and deserves a forum all of its own. I have built many and a few SPL shows but the pride of my work has to be a Subaru where you opened the boot and a guitar and amplifier came out of the floor. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ameen said:

any more new ideas here, as i stalled that idea coz of my travel. Just came back and planning to take this new project further now

Thanks for reminding me for posting an update on my setup:

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use