•  
Advertise here

Newbie-Fewbie drive on 3rd February

Wow Radhika, nice pics and a pleasure to have you guys on trip with us once again. I am sad to hear that you will not be able to make it for the family drive, but looking at the success of our drives through Carnity I am sure that there will be many more to follow. looking forward to having you guys on another adventure soon.

There is only two things I like to add here after such a nice trip report and pictures by everyone:

• It was not only the driver's fault for the flip but also the extreme weather condition to be blamed for such an unfortunate scene. Sand storm made it difficult to read the dunes and rain made the sand harder from top to prevent the stuck, which resulted in a flip. By seeing the gopro footage (which is not very clear from a distance) I can see that driver wanted to follow the lead over a broad ridge and due to being too close he estimated that leader will take left or his car slided left, whereas leader has gone right. So to correct that immediate left to right on relatively soild sand (due to rain) car flipped on driver side.

• Secondly, unlike many other offroad clubs here in UAE we like to share and discuss these unfortunate situations to educate everyone to avoid same mistakes in future. Everyone should feel free to share and discuss these incidents in a healthy way to bring some valuable knowledge from which everyone can learn and enjoy this extreme sport carefully (no name and shame please).
  • Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Very nicely put Gaurav bhai. I did not mean to blame the driver, I am sorry if it has come across that way. My main aim was as you have mentioned to discuss and educate fellow brothers on the importance of following the advise given during the briefings. Once again you are right when you say the conditions during that last quarter were not favorable and visibility was at a minimum. I have seen much worse from much better and experienced drivers so I am thankful to God that the driver was unharmed and the car just suffered some minor dents.

Thanks Carlos, it was team work and everybody got together to recover from such an incident in testing weather.

I would like to thank all participants to actively get involved and help us in this incredible recovery. Great thing was the car was driven back on its own to the Police station and back home. Hope it will recover soon to be back in the sands with us over the upcoming adventures with Carnity.