•  
Advertise here

how to avoid tail gaters

amid

what are the best way to get rid of tail gater, something really nice and creative other than just saying move away.

I mean for the scenario when you can't go above max speed limit and still people flash and tail gate you......! I get such folks on few mornings when Im doing 119 on the road of 100.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

I don't think there is an easy solution to this, but I have thought of installing a dash cam to record such idiots, and then to hand the footage to the cops. Don't know if it'll work though, in the sense that the cops will follow up on it, but it may be worth a try. 

do you know you cant do video recording of anyone without their permission in uae? 

Edited by amid

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

You are right of course, but it could be argued that you are not filming any a person- you are recording a dangerous, illegal act, which tailgating clearly is. After all, shopping malls record everyone coming through the doors, and they sure as hell do not have anybody's permission.

• Like (+1) 1

Dash cams are now legal in UAE,

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/dash-cameras-legal-in-uae

The most important thing to do is stay calm. Dont let them goad you into driving faster, stick to a speed you're comfortable with. Sorry mr police man, I had another car up my ass isn't an excuse that will get you off with a speeding fine. If you can, pull to the right and let the idiot past. Don't get too close to the car in front either. It's bad enough if you happen to get rear ended but it's even worse getting sandwiched. There's a chance you won't walk away from it.

There is also the temptation to brake test them but just remember that if they're already up your ass over the speed limit and flashing their lights, there's a chance that they're not a particularly well adjusted or civilized human being and you could end up with a broken jaw next time the traffic flow stops. For some reason, certain people turn into big assholes when they get behind the wheel. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just came across this on whatsapp, may be @amid this seems more viable solution for your worries. 

I think / hope this device should be available in market to install too for private vehicles too, so that you can interrupt the tailgater radio for few seconds to run the warning in 4 language, very creative attempt by RTA dubai.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

This is a very good device and should come installed by default in every car and not just the taxis, plus this colaboration should be with all radio stations and not just ARN network. Thanks for sharing Gaurav bhai.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of use