•  
Advertise here

TV boxes in UAE

Barry

At the minute I'm using iPad and a lightning to hdmi converter connected to the tv to watch movies etc. It works ok but I'd like a smaller and more permanent solution which I could leave connected.

I looked into the option of getting a raspberry pi 3 and building a box but on investigation I can buy a ready built android box on Souq.com for half the price it would cost me to build it. 

What boxes are people using and what software? Is VPN required on the box and can it be installed and run easily or is it too slow? Ideally, I want the full works with all movies, live tv etc. and if it was airplay compatible it would be very awesome. If anyone has any information I'd be grateful.

Is Google Chromecast not for Android devices only, since @Barry is using an IPAD does he not need Apple TV?

I ma still using my trusted 3 year old LG G3 and it has miracast built in which can connect and show your screen on any smart TV without the need of any box. Youtube is brilliant because just one tap on the top right hand corner to display the videos on any smart TV which is connected with the same WIFI as your mobile device.

Edited by Rahimdad
Added comments.

• 7 months later...

I have a Mac mini that is wonderful. Full on computer, HDMI out and we stream everything on it, and do homework with the kids. 

Perfect win. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've just figured out how to get  kodi on iPad without jailbreak. 

What are some good addons?

Ideally, I want Motorsport, wrestling, music channels, movies. Live U.K. Tv would be an advantage 

• Like (+1) 1

if you use google chrome then you have to be on same router and the router should have internet too...i guess that miracast goes direct with the smartphone but still the media you will have to source...