•  
Advertise here

Why offroad clubs in UAE don't share car flip / roll-over incidents?

derik

Very well put thoughts from @ayman_khateeb this is truly the same thing we have witnessed in offroad clubs in UAE since 2006.

Just FYI, person who rolled here has an Oman Insurance and only paid 200 dhs excess without any fuss, also AXA and RSA are very good in honoring the offroad claims. Just in Jan one of the off-road club member rolled in Liwa and his insurance made endless drama to honor his claim and ask for pics and video to show the place. In my understanding if you have good company off-road insurance then whether you take / share pics or video it doesn't matter. Whereas in shady insurance it's always gonna be tough to get the claim passed so again whether you take / share pics or video it doesn't matter.

Secondly as per my understanding all rolls/flips are unique as there are so many factors (drive style, center of gravity, weather, accidents, bad luck, lack of experience, mechanical failure) affecting it so the more we analyse and share, more awareness we will make for fellow off-roaders and make this sport safe for everyone.

Off course we don't encourage name and shame even, but as a process if person car and name goes public, this serves another secondary reason for everyone to be more careful and sensible. I personally know a Marshal in one club who rolled 4 times in last season and if his name or incident gone public, he would have trimmed his aggressive drive style or correct his vehicle center of gravity than showing the sideys on top of risky dunes. Sometimes little fear of failure is good in such adventure sports.

In my honest opinion club branding should get better by reducing the number of flips/rolls than hiding it, by giving new off-roaders confidence that nothing is brushed under the carpet and they are in absolutely safe and seasoned atmosphere.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Both valid points from @ayman_khateeb and Gaurav. I would just like to add that I had the worst possible experience with Dubai Insurance and Reinsurance company which literally drove me nuts for over 8 months before handing back my Jeep Commander back to me. This incident was not covered by video clips or photographs, and police report had everything on it, plus I shared the same details with the Insurance company, but with disbelief in my story they kept on dragging the case until I threatened them to take this case to the police as they are not accepting my claim as per the police report. So bad insurance companies will try and find any loop hole to get out of a claim, however, a little extra investment in a well known Insurance company can make your life easier. Rightly said by Gaurav Bhai, even Police before making the report wants to know where the accident happened if you do not have pics or videos, so these media devices only help and not hinder your case.