•  
Advertise here

Kalba to Fujairah on-road scenic drive - 17 Feb 2017

Thanks to all the Carnity active members for joining the previous off-road drives and have shown the great enthusiasm. We plan to give equal opportunities to all car enthusiast's to enjoy the carnity drives.

Hence this time we plan to head out to Fujairah through Kalba road to enjoy the most scenic view in the UAE. Perfect opportunity for photographers to hone their skills and make good use of their camera (in my case).

• Meeting point: Last ADNOC on Sharjah-Kalba (Maliha) road
  • GPS Coordinates: https://goo.gl/maps/PBLWyryWVyH2
  • Meeting time: 10 AM
  • Photo stops: 3-4 stops en route (15 mins each)
  • Reaching Kalba: 12:30 (for Friday prayers)
  • Mosque in Kalba: https://goo.gl/maps/cEJHwkBnDHB2
  • Reaching Fujairah: 2 PM
  • Fujairah Corniche: https://goo.gl/maps/HZDwCicvuGz
  • Enjoy Friday lunch on Fujairah beach with the whole group
  • Enjoy Jet skies, Para Sailing or boat ride on Fujairah beach. If we have enough interest will hire a boat to visit neighboring island (1 hr) for more photo opportunities for the shutterbugs.

What to bring along: Friday lunch whatever you like to eat and share with others, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and eye for picture perfect.

Approximate finish time : 6-7 PM

Kalba to Fujairah.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav An alternate and interesting route to consider would be taking the sharjah kalba road. This is a newly built road with tunnels on the way. Its a very scenic drive as well. Also on the way you can pass by Wadi Shawka Dam which a nice picnic spot.

dam.jpg.675d91698e764f2da397e1556e594509.jpg58a2b070c6900_showkaroad.jpg.4c4783dfae6869938bc891083dbc0aaa.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

@Jeh please note Gaurav bhai and myself had considered doing a drive into the wadi, however due to the heavy rainfall which is to continue until Thursday. This will make it slightly dangerous due to the land slides. That is why we decided to take the on road route this week, however a wadi drive is in the pipeline and we are supposed to announce that shortly. We would love you to join us for this trip and we can plan to do a wadi trip next Friday as I have heard that you are an expert when it comes to wadi drives. Thank you for your suggestion and I would like to meet you personally so that we can plan the wadi drive with your expert help.

On 2/14/2017 at 11:35 AM, Rahimdad said:

@Jeh please note Gaurav bhai and myself had considered doing a drive into the wadi, however due to the heavy rainfall which is to continue until Thursday. This will make it slightly dangerous due to the land slides. That is why we decided to take the on road route this week, however a wadi drive is in the pipeline and we are supposed to announce that shortly. We would love you to join us for this trip and we can plan to do a wadi trip next Friday as I have heard that you are an expert when it comes to wadi drives. Thank you for your suggestion and I would like to meet you personally so that we can plan the wadi drive with your expert help.

@Rahimdad ,

Looking forward to meet you too and plan a trip. I am no expert, am just an adventure seeker. I take the road less traveled. 

Btw the route which i have mentioned is not a Wadi drive its a normal highway going all the way to Fujairah. Also the drive to Showka Dam is a normal road there is no danger of landslide or any such mishap along the way. I was just there last weekend. Anyway this was just a suggestion if you have any shutterbugs in your group as its a more scenic drive. 

If possible will try join you guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Jeh thanks for re-visiting carnity after long time. If you are joining, we will see what safe changes we can do in the route to keep all shutterbugs happy.

I also been to that Dam last sep, its really nice road but last few kms is unpaved and we will see closer to the date as how much downpour we are getting?

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Wow, this is now turning out to be a great group, love your company guys. @Gaurav kindly update the main list on the first post.

Edited by Rahimdad
  • Like (+1) 1