•  
Advertise here

Chev tahoe vs Toyota Land Crusiesr

taqir

Thinking of big family 4x4 for sometime now and hung up on Chevrolet Trailblazer Z71 2012 model (100,000 dhs) vs Toyota Land Cruiser GXR 2010 model (100,000 dhs).

Which one and why? please gelp guys

Toyota Land Cruiser - Awesome reliability, cheap maintenance, better resale

Chevrolet Tahoe - New Tech and features, more safer, more powerful

Now you pick and choose what you need or value more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@taqir you sure that a Trailblazer 2010 model is for a 100K, it must be much cheaper. Land Cruiser would be my choice if the same price as lower maintenance cost, more reliable and better resale value. I would only choose the Trailblazer if it was AED 60K or less and my choice would be based on saving the initial cost, depreciation and some repair along the way just in case any, but also the comfort and options available on the American and overall safer than the Toyota Land Cruiser.

• Like (+1) 1

Oops I also mis-read trailblazer as in topic he mentioned Tahoe and in post trailblazer. 

If you meant trailblazer then go with Rahim words as my wife has a trailblazer and there is no comparison between them and LC, it's a different league all together. 

• Like (+1) 1

at this point i really think he meant the tahoe z71 as facelifted trailblazer started off in 2013 and there wasnt a z71 model that time.....

Im no professional so no opinions from my side! though i like the tahoe more....

• Like (+1) 1

Yes I meant Tahoe as that's why I added Z71 and posted this topic in Tahoe Forum. May be I was seeing the trailblazer advertisement here in carnity, so my mind wrongly written TB. @Gaurav thanks for confusing me more now for splitting 6 good qualities into 3 and 3. What will you pick if you are in my shoes. 

• Like (+1) 1

@taqir in that case I feel the same way as Gaurav bhai. I guess the best thing would be to take your family and try both of them out along with your family. The one that you and your family feel more comfortable will make your decision for you. I remember I test drove one of the cars with my family and though it was a brilliant offer and I loved the feel of it, but decided against it because the back seats were cramped.

Test drive both with the family and let us know which one you decide to go with. Sorry for the earlier mistake of comparing TB to an LC.

• Like (+1) 1

Tahoe any day of the week and twice on Sunday. This whole realibilty thing is now just nothing but a myth now. Jap cars have just about as much electrickery than anything else and neither is maintenance or parts any cheaper. Tahoe much more roomier much more options a better ride and wasn't hit by every branch on the ugly tree on it ways down like the Land Cruiser. Tahoe is a solid cruiser and many in safaris also use this and i know some that are over 250k Plus kms and still look and drive great. I will also thrown in the Toyota Sequoia in this mix. That thing is big and comfortable and the engine on that is super bitchin 0-100 in just over 6 secs can smoke most sedans and So called sports coupes in a straight line drag, with 3rd row seats which can actually seat 2 adults comfortably. Also look into the Nissan Armada. Going cheap nowadays and Sequoia standards to boot

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Just another thing to check if this is 100% onroad car or you plan for offroad on weekends too. Although both are capable offroad but also check the ground clearance, approach and departure angles, performance and offroad protection required for both before making up your mind.