Advertise here

Newbie Family Adventure Drive with BBQ - 24 March 2017

Please choose the preferred date and time  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose the preferred date and time

• 24 March, Friday: 2 PM - 8 PM
    • 25 March, Saturday: 10 AM - 4 PM

This poll is closed to new votes

It's time to call another newbie level family adventure desert drive ending with bbq, chit-chat and jokes.

Especially for the folks who missed this last month, here is the chance to recap. Secondly for many of you waiting desperately for newbie desert drive to get the sand bug, this will be the perfect drive for all who wants to enjoy nice day drive in moderately easy desert terrain.

The beauty of this area, the wide open dunes, and with the occasional sighting of wildlife like gazelles and oryx are all reasons to set your pulses racing. The plan would be to meet up at 2:00 pm as per the below link and then head out to have some awesome fun through terrain that will leave you wanting more, and we will end it with a good spot to sit around and have a BBQ session with chats about the drive, general talk and share some jokes.

Our last drive video in same area:

When: 24 March 2017 at 2:00 pm
Where: First Emarat Petrol station on Dubai - Al Ain Road after Outlet Mall.
GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KD4Lath3cB42

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie
Plan: Drive followed by BBQ
What to bring along: Stuff for BBQ like grill, charcoal, lighter fluid and BBQ meat or chicken, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9 pm

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you Gaurav bhai for posting it early for more people to learn about the drive and join in on this amazing area.

Just one request, it is my mom's birthday on 25 March and I would love to celebrate it with all. I will try to convince my wife for bringing my mom to the finish point in her Pajero as my mom cannot make it through the dunes with her back operation. While we head out through the beautiful dunes and meet them up at the finish point and start our celebrations. I will try to confirm the plan and let you all know in a couple of days time.

I hope this is fine with all.

• Like (+1) 1

It will be an honor for us to meet your mom Rahim bhai and I'm fine to bring the convoy out alone if in case you need to push early to guide your wife. Looking forward for this great family get together drive.

4 hours ago, Saadia waqas said:

I'm afraid we won't be able to join in as it's shazaibs birthday on 24 march. Either shift it over to 25 march. Or else 31 St March. Plzzz we would really like to join in but the date. We have a party at home. 😥😥😥😥😥

Just to accommodate our lovely member's as much as we can, I have created the poll on top of this drive post. Myself and Rahim bhai are fine with both options of Friday and Saturday. Let's wait and see what other's like.

Btw, people neutral with both the dates can vote on both as poll set as multiple choices option.

I voted for both days, as @Gaurav bhai put it, I am OK for both days, we just want to be there for everyone. So lets wait and see what the majority vote for. I remember a few people inquiring if we had drives on Saturday, lets wait and see if they respond and that might become the deciding factor. 

Just to decide in time we have to put an end date for this poll to conclude by 21 March, Tuesday by 12 noon.

In case you are only interested for bbq at Qudra lake, then you can join directly there by road without the offroad drive.

Please vote for your choices in time if you are interested @jason200 @wingnut @Radhika @presism @Mujtaba @Kavin @govind @evoboy2016 @ChiragD @Sunny dhanak @Jeh @Indresh Navlani @stelita @vivian @manums @hAwX