•  
Advertise here

Is Mercedes cars reliable in Hot weather

Hello 

I'm new to this area (GCC) and i dont know if the cars like german cars are good for hot weather in arab gulf area?

can some one give me an advice if i can buy a geman car like mercedes, Audi, VW or i will have some troubles in hot weather such as air condition and others

Regards

If car is GCC specification, then you are fine with hot weather as they come prepared for 50+ degree heat. I had Cayenne turbo and VW each for 2 years and they worked perfectly fine in Dubai heat.

If car is non-gcc, like EU or US specs then don't get tempted even on half price as they will make you pay double during the heat. I burnt my finger once in Jeep Grand Cherokee US specs, that has been always overheating and in end sold as-is on recovery truck.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

If car is GCC specification, then you are fine with hot weather as they come prepared for 50+ degree heat. I had Cayenne turbo and VW each for 2 years and they worked perfectly fine in Dubai heat.

If car is non-gcc, like EU or US specs then don't get tempted even on half price as they will make you pay double during the heat. I burnt my finger once in Jeep Grand Cherokee US specs, that has been always overheating and in end sold as-is on recovery truck.

Thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, roburton said:

Vehicle's in the southern part of US usually have bigger radiators and these cars are GCC spec'ed.

Are you serious that in US car dealers sells GCC speced cars? woah