•  
Advertise here

Any registration issues with US spec car (salvage title)

vodor1102

Anyone here had problems in registering a US spec salvage title car ? In general most US spec cars are salvage titles but still have been tested fine by RTA testing centers and there are so many on the road, running just fine. If you own such a car did it ever fail the RTA test due to repaired chassis or any other issue ?

All car dealer have big wasta here and pay enough bribe to get their car pass for first time and then second time onward RTA dont make much noise as it's in there system. Where as RTA has very high standard for you and me when we stick one sticker behind our car, they fail our car but let go the repair chasis for few hundred dhs.....!

• Like (+1) 1

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

Wasta is one hell of a thing, should have know better before getting into buying such a US import, but anyway now the mistake is made so I need to rectify. I went by myself for registration and they gave a long list of things to be done, change shit load of stuff, get chassis measurements from ford with verification papers, blah blah blah. except wasta, no idea how else to get is passed now

best is to call previous owner/dealer and ask how he got it passed last year, use same paid wasta will be quicker and cheaper.

• Like (+1) 1

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

Well if you have any documentation from past that says that RTA has failed the car in past or if they can show in their system then you can use those evidence and challenge them back that all previous faults / doubts must have been clarified as they have passed the car last year. Hope you understand what I am trying point...!

7 hours ago, aatish said:

Well if you have any documentation from past that says that RTA has failed the car in past or if they can show in their system then you can use those evidence and challenge them back that all previous faults / doubts must have been clarified as they have passed the car last year. Hope you understand what I am trying point...!

Doing that would not be wise. You may just be talking to the wrong guy, who might think you are accusing someone of corruption. They may be guilty of corruption, but no official likes to be reminded of it.