•  
Advertise here

Secret Silk Route Drive for Newbie/Fewbie - 7 April 2017

I think title of this drive needed to be change from Silk route to the most deadly route. First half in the sand was usual run from Mahafiz to Fossil rock and then behind Al Faya we entered into the beautiful mountain range. From below it was looking an easy mountain drive, but once we started everyone was holding their breath and driving inch by inch with super extreme caution. Looks like this mountain access is secluded due to such dangerous access. Whole path was having heavy boulders all around and track was split open in several gullies, so that each tire has to be placed on elevated path precisely to get through or else car under body will get hit the nasty hit. Thank god, all the driver irrespective of their experience from zero drive to 100's of drive performed very very well and we made on top and down in one piece without any incident.

The top of the mountain was really breath taking and so refreshing that all efforts for risky rock crawling looks worthwhile. We spend over 3 hours on top and still no one wanted to leave, so now we have to plan a nice camping drive on top of the same mountain. It's literally 100% empty on top and makes a perfect spot for whole group camping.

Super thanks to @Rahimdad for showing all of us such an amazing drive through (daring leader) and the mountain top. And also big thanks to Big Daddy (Saeed) for showing this hidden gem access to Rahimdad many years ago.

Here are my pictures and looking forward to seeing others in gallery:

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/13-al-faya-sand-and-mountain-7-apr-2017/

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Yes @Gaurav bhai, the first part was the silk route, the second part was always going to be challenging. But also rightly said is after the challenging drive only you will enjoy and cherish the beauty of what we had at the top.

A special thanks does go out to Saeed who shared this beautiful mountain route with me. We saw the other 3 cars struggling to come up despite you teasing them with your flash light, as the boulders are laid in such a way you think the road is blocked to go up. Only for those who know you have to go around the boulders to get on to the real climb.

Edited by Rahimdad

what a trip...thanks to @Rahimdad and @Gaurav and other participants in the trip. it was a perfect build up...nice sail through the sand to fossil rock...then scary crossing to the other side then the steep descent / free-fall....OOFFF..then again smooth ride to so called Ghost town only to find ghosts have relocated already,,, @Rahimdad tried to find them but came empty handed and really felt bad about that. then came the hill climb…now I think @Rahimdad purposefully delayed the ascent till dark so that we don’t see the path ahead. he pulled first and disappeared in the first bend….after few seconds he walkied there are signs that there was path and now he is finding it…and little later he said come carefully…that mud path was nothing but two goat walking path with 3 feet deep gap in between and on all sides..rain god played its part weeks back it looks like….basically you have to place the car tyres on them and hope it holds…now there is no way back as going back reverse is not an option….we successfully climbed to top and what a view.. it's worth a view..million dollors…@Rahimdad and @Gaurav @Kavin entertained with food and stories….and we reluctantly descended down…wow …the downhill trip made the climb looked nothing..real silk route very silky..everything in the mouth till reaching the plains….special thanks to @Gaurav who was behind me providing lighting and pushing me forward….next time @Rahimdad and @Gaurav name any trip, as poetic as silk route …beware:-D:-D

hope to see the videos as well

thanks to all

• Like (+1) 2

@tamils_siva Where have you been all my life. This is the best trip report ever from a third person perspective besides the one Dipak had done. I have just attracted a lot of attention laughing out so loud with every line. Thoroughly enjoyable write up and I am going to read it over and over again. @Gaurav bhai, this weeks prize should go to Tamil for such a nice company over teh drive, managing well through and through, but mostly for this excellent write-up.

• Like (+1) 1

Nice trip experience written @tamils_siva unlike many who write one or two lines or words hardly. More people express their thoughts and experience (good, bad, scary) more we can align interest for drives.

Waiting for everyone pics and video please.

Here is the video from gopro

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

how i must start and how i must end, the words are not supporting me to do justice. 

lets just say, after all the strategic planning (some would understand, what I am saying here) I finally managed to join the party. it was first time to go to the fossil rocks, the terrain was simple for a newbie and fewbie. and the sand was different OMG red. so the convoy was sailing through it and reached the bottom of the fossil rock clim, where as always the gurus @Gaurav and @Rahimdad guided us to the right way to approach and descend the fossil rock. Every newbie had heart up their throat seeing the great descent but with the right approach and patience it was made easy. not to mention your 4x4 will wiggle wiggle for sure

The sun was about to set and yet we have to find the ghost town, so eager to see the mystery place. so en-route that we found many desert mosquitos (aka desert buggies) no surprise it was Faya region. So we reached the ghost town :shock: but somehow urbanisation had changed the landscape a bit. still felt HAUNTED. 

The secret SILK route. This a secret route to heaven, and I can say that because I have experienced it. But as they say heaven does not come easy. That's why the route to heaven was challenging with all focused on the path of car ahead and all the prayers that we know. we reached inch by inch, breath by breath to a place where you have left behind the city light and stars are gazing at you. and moonlight kisses. yes no exaggeration its the most peaceful mountain table top that I have ever been. So we coupled it with some SUFI music, DESI snacks and CARNITY gossips. and did we know when it was morning NO IDEA MATE. 

From sailing, to thrill to tranquility, it will be a night to remember :) 

IMG-20170407-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20170407-WA0029.jpg

IMG_20170407_1708313.jpg

IMG_20170407_1717126.jpg

IMG_20170407_1720269.jpg

IMG_20170407_1757058.jpg

IMG_20170407_1759014.jpg

IMG_20170407_1810059.jpg

IMG_20170407_1810117.jpg

IMG_20170407_1816479.jpg

IMG_20170407_2311524.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

Well started and amazing finish, not only your driving skills and quickness in picking up the techniques of driving off-road, but the way you described the trip. It really paints a picture in my head and I go back to the amazing moments we had on the trip. Thanks for sharing your experience with us @waqaszohair you made my day wonderful.

• Like (+1) 1