•  
Advertise here

Nissan Sunny B15 Acceleration problem

Thanks Barry. 

I'll have it checked.

Is there any possibility of that happening due to issues in CNG kit considering it happened for both CNG and Octane. 

1 hour ago, Aumio said:

Thanks Barry. 

I'll have it checked.

Is there any possibility of that happening due to issues in CNG kit considering it happened for both CNG and Octane. 

There is no way of telling for sure unless you have the car scanned for trouble codes. I have a lot of experience with alternative fuel control modules, but that means nothing if I don't have one or more trouble codes to confirm, or eliminate the possibility of a fuel control problem being the root cause. HAVE THE CAR SCANNED- PLEASE. 

ETA- Sorry about yelling, but have the car scanned- please. Otherwise we can't help you. 

Thanks, Treks.

No problem man.

I'll surely have them check.

But the thing is where we live it's hard to get a real expert on Nissan cars.

We have Toyotas all over. :)

Also, the issue is intermittent. So, It's hard for me to explain and them to figure out when it's on good condition.

I thought I'd get some advice as much as possible to assume and do the rest based on them which I got.

Thank you and everyone else for your help.

dear get it scanned if no codes turn up then it would be wise to get the real time data of the sensors and actuators described earlier you will surely stumble upon the fault which can be sorted...nissans are not much from toyotas i am sure the one who fixes the toyotas will be able to fix your nissan too

On 4/18/2017 at 11:55 AM, Rahimdad said:

@Aumio as per my experience I had similar issue of my LR Discovery loosing power when operating at optimum operating temperature. However switch it off for 30 minutes and start it up with cooler engine and it used to be fine. This problem also occurred when my petrol tank was half or less than half. The solution as it turned out was simple, the fuel pump for my Disco had gone bad. Try checking the fuel pump, that might solve your problem.

Thanks Man.

I'll do.

I am also having a feeling it's due to the Throttle Position Sensor.

I should have it checked as well.

What do you think?

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

I finally figured out it's the Fault Code to P1122 mostly with an OBD scanner. (Throttle Control/Butterfly valve I guess).

It's a big area.

Any guess what could it actually be?

Sometimes, it's a P0100 (MAF sensor) as well though.

MAF sensor code is irrelevant in this case. It’s a symptom, not a cause. The wrong airflow from the throttle body is causing the MAF sensor to report a problem.

There’s a few possible causes for this.

The throttle stepper motor is faulty, the wiring to the throttle stepper motor is faulty, there is a loose wiring plug on the throttle stepper motor wiring or the most unlikely, the ecu is faulty. 

Because you can scan codes, I will assume you have some technical knowledge. 

The first thing you need to do is make sure the throttle body is clean. And I mean surgically clean. The tiniest bit of dirt can jam it. 

After cleaning, you need to use your computer to do the idle relearn procedure. Depending on your computer, it can be incredibly simple and is just a matter of following the instructions on screen. 

Then get someone to push the throttle pedal and see if their action correlates to the movement of the throttle butterfly  

If that doesn’t fix it you need to physically inspect the wiring loom for breaks. These could be anywhere. Especially where the loom rubs against something else. 

Check the connections. Both at the throttle body and throttle pedal. Contact cleaner spray is your friend.

Check the voltage at the plug connecting to the throttle body. If it’s good and goes up and down when the pedal is operated, there’s a good chance the stepper motor is faulty and needs replaced. Always check the wiring before spending money on components.

Remember that after touching anything on the system, cleaning, removing and refitting plugs etc, the idle relearn procedure is required. Especially on a Nissan. They are very sensitive to stuff like this. 

These are a few things you can try yourself which can fix it. If you aren’t competent, further investigation will require a proper technician. And I mean a proper technician, someone who actually knows about cars, not one of the cheap mechanics in rashidiya or Sharjah industrial area. 

If in any doubt, show this advice to your mechanic. Don’t accept ok ok for an answer. This is the proper process.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/22/2018 at 12:23 AM, Barry said:

MAF sensor code is irrelevant in this case. It’s a symptom, not a cause. The wrong airflow from the throttle body is causing the MAF sensor to report a problem.

There’s a few possible causes for this.

The throttle stepper motor is faulty, the wiring to the throttle stepper motor is faulty, there is a loose wiring plug on the throttle stepper motor wiring or the most unlikely, the ecu is faulty. 

Because you can scan codes, I will assume you have some technical knowledge. 

The first thing you need to do is make sure the throttle body is clean. And I mean surgically clean. The tiniest bit of dirt can jam it. 

After cleaning, you need to use your computer to do the idle relearn procedure. Depending on your computer, it can be incredibly simple and is just a matter of following the instructions on screen. 

Then get someone to push the throttle pedal and see if their action correlates to the movement of the throttle butterfly  

If that doesn’t fix it you need to physically inspect the wiring loom for breaks. These could be anywhere. Especially where the loom rubs against something else. 

Check the connections. Both at the throttle body and throttle pedal. Contact cleaner spray is your friend.

Check the voltage at the plug connecting to the throttle body. If it’s good and goes up and down when the pedal is operated, there’s a good chance the stepper motor is faulty and needs replaced. Always check the wiring before spending money on components.

Remember that after touching anything on the system, cleaning, removing and refitting plugs etc, the idle relearn procedure is required. Especially on a Nissan. They are very sensitive to stuff like this. 

These are a few things you can try yourself which can fix it. If you aren’t competent, further investigation will require a proper technician. And I mean a proper technician, someone who actually knows about cars, not one of the cheap mechanics in rashidiya or Sharjah industrial area. 

If in any doubt, show this advice to your mechanic. Don’t accept ok ok for an answer. This is the proper process.

@Barry Could you please let me what you referred as idle relearning? 

An youtube video or article would be really helpful.

Thanks

Hi @Aumio

I can’t say if the video you posted will work for your car but if you google the procedure for your exact model you should find the correct procedure. 

I have the information you need on computer but the computer is at the workshop and I am working on an outside project and won’t be in the shop for a few weeks.

I am sorry I can’t help you more right now.