ging

How to evaluate my used car fairly?

5 posts in this topic

With present car market condition, I know all is too bad and car selling for cheap but i am want know how to find a fair value at first and then drop further to deal with bad market crisis. In us there is kbb - kelly blue book so if there is anything similar to that existing in dubai or uae car market? I am tired of seeing insurance inflated car value and used car dealers super deflated car values, there should be something in between to tell the owner of real fair value after certain kms and year of use. 

I dont think there is any such thing existing here and that's why dealer always give you so low offers as there is nothing to command any fair going price. What max you can do it yourself is do the manual depreciation and get an estimate by yourself, but still you cant prove any point to others for explanation. Btw, this is very good food for thought for any new online business who want to invest some good money in building such online and easy to use credible fair car evaluator tool.

In U.K. We have similar called glasses guide. 

Here though, the only real way is to check dubizzle and see what similar spec cars go for and base it on that. 

dubizzle is all tainted now, unlike it used to before 5 years back.

its filled with agents, scammer and dealers rigging the price all time.

@ging I know exactly the problem you are facing. Any popular cars, Toyota or Nissan sell easily with a fair resale value, Other Japanese brands also fetch a good price, although not as high as the top 2 mentioned. After about 5-7 years of use most American, European and Korean brands will loose their value pretty quickly, exceptions are always there. It all depends on what you have and how popular it is here, which is dependent on how easily you can get the spare parts and how much they are going to cost. As an example a 10 year old Toyota Land Cruiser will still fetch you over AED 60K, but a Range Rover once 10 years old will fetch you around AED 15K although brand new the price of the Range Rover is double of the highest spec Toyota Land Cruiser.