•  
Advertise here

Why do you drive off-road?

Gaurav

It can be simple one liner answer or thousand word thesis, feel free to write something if ever you have driven off-road in sand, mountains, wadi etc. What attracts you or pull you to go back again and drive in your favorite off-road terrain?

My answer is, it help me getting totally disconnected from real world for few hours and allow my mind to fully detox and recharge by not thinking anything as I'm too busy admiring the nature, meeting people, taking pictures, concentrating on sideys, heat gauge, radio, car unusual noise (if any) and bla bla bla. Similar to those 10 seconds (adrenal rush) feeling of fast and furious movie but it last for few hours - from deflation to inflation. While hitting the road back on 2 wheels my mind goes back to the routine thinking and worries about family, work, friends etc. And this is how I got addicted to the sand god since more than a decade ago.

What's yours......?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Very good thread @Gaurav bhai. I simply came to the sands to learn the art of driving in the sands to save 30 minutes in the morning getting to work from Sharjah to Dubai. Around 10 years back there used to be an open sand area which if crossed could help you save at least 30 minutes in the morning to work. But what addicted me was the people, like-minded people. Every week gathering together, sharing a story, sharing a laugh, but above all similarly just getting rid off the weekly pressures and tensions as mind is fully at work on the drive. I love to meet new people, interact with them, pass on my knowledge and share experiences and learn something from each an every one I meet.

Next please....

The answer here is simple. To do extraordinary things! I mean, it will always be an adventure if you are doing things differently. It will surely be a story that worth the share. Like driving in the sand dunes, it really feels good since it not usual to go out there. Those things are the moments that we treasure :)

• Like (+1) 1