•  
Advertise here

Muffler delete - UAE

hAwX

Muffler replaced with straight pipe! How bad it can be? I have alot of friends that have done this and passes RTA and stuff, nobody ever got pulled over (luckily maybe, who knows). Although everywhere on the internet it says its not legal, 500 fine, 1 month impound, blackpoints etc. So is it really not legal to do it? I mean there are resonators that still muffle the sound so its supposed to be legal somewhat. What about these ricer hondas and nissans that's all over the place? 

It all depends on the car looks and how nasty brand image it has. Like Nissan Patrol making too much doof doof will caught every cop attn, on other side Pajero will get away peacefully. I have removed that resonator 3 years back and apart from free flow and little low rev drone, I didnt feel much difference but noise on highway at 3k RPM was deafening. So stick the resonator back, upgrade the whole pipes from 1.5 - 2.5 inches and got magnaflow (quieter) exhaust in end and now it breathes freely and perform same but with less noise and highway drone. I have got my Pajero passed from 2012-2015 without resonator and no cop ever stopped me or my wife as it was her road car and my desert car.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

From what I see, 20% of it is luck. You can modify your car and you might get stopped and you might not. The other 80% is not being a dickhead. If you have a loud exhaust then ok, if you drive sensibly the chances are that nobody will notice or bother you. If you're flooring it from a standstill every time, chances are someone will get pissed off and report you. Especially if it's in a residential area. 

When I was living in U.K. I was big into the street racing scene and me and my friends used to wind up the police by using loopholes in the law. The exhaust law basics are, if a car came with a catalytic converter from the factory, it has to have a catalytic converter and all exhaust systems must have at least one silencer. We got around this by beating the insides out of the cat with a hammer and a long bar so when testing time came, it looks factory from the outside but is actually empty and free flowing. The rest of the system is straight piped with either a cherry bomb or peco big bore silencer. These are two awesome back boxes as they are free flowing and don't actually silence the exhaust but are technically classed as silencers in the testers eyes. 

TL:DR Modify your exhaust but be sensible about making noise in built up areas. Keep your old exhaust safe too in case you get an awkward tester and need to refit it for a few days. 

storage.... is a problem when you are living in an apartment. Also im planning to take out only one of the mufflers just for a slight difference in lower RPMs and maybe an electronic exhaust cutout later for the other side or right before the resonators. 

im running on pitch black tint (probably 15% transparency) so chances are 50:50 who knows...
just want the car to sound a bit louder on startups and upto 2.5K RPM