•  
Advertise here

Fake Chinese iphones

Barry

I got my hands on one of these today so made a short video to show you the quality. 

just to note, I didn't buy this. A friend purchased it in bur Dubai at the weekend for 150 dhs. 

To the untrained eye, it looks like an iPhone 6s 64 gb. Search through the settings and it will tell you it's a 6s 64gb. It even looks like it's running iOS 10.3.1. Type the serial number into the apple website and it even comes up as genuine.

but......

Its not iOS. It's android running a skin to make it look like iOS. If you are an apple user you will notice the font is slightly different. 

The camera doesn't work. 

The usual apps like Whatsapp etc are pre installed. It's not possible to get Whatsapp to run. When you start the app, it says that the time is wrong and it should be Chinese standard time. No amount of changing the time and date makes it work. 

When you try to install new apps, the phone says memory full but go into settings, about and it says you have 60gb free space remaining. 

If someone in the street tries to sell you a cheap iPhone, be aware. It is cheap for a reason. Caveat emptor. 

Sometimes I think China is a fake country that now exists only to imitate a once great culture that had ceased to be great. 

Try to get an IMEI number for an Iphone in UAE and change the IMEI number that will allow you to use whatsapp.

As for the memory, although it shows 60 GB but the internally I think it has only 4 or 8 GB physically. If it has a memory slot you can add memory card as per your choice and being Android you can root the device and fool it into thinking the external memory is part of the internal memory. Make sure the memory card you are buying is a Class 10, higher speed the better.

Hope this helps salvage your AED 150/-.

Another thing is never reset the phone, if you do a factory reset the original skin will show with the real brand and not the I-phone. Only if you know the person can you get the code like #40* or something to make it run like an I-phone. Seems very complicated, but once you start breaking it down it becomes easier. I used to have a fake Sansung S4 long time back and decided against such phone, I bought it for AED 600/- and it showed 16 GB but had 4GB actual memory and once I factory reset it and it showed some LUV Phone, than I took it back to the shop in Dragon Mart and he gave me the code. After running the code it turn back to Samsung Galaxy S4.