•  
Advertise here

Pajero AT light comes up in off-road

Thanks Gaurav, couple of questions:

• Is this fan came from scrapyard?
  • Is this fan carrying any model number or make?
  • Does this job carry any warranty?
  • Have you tried motor sport shops here selling universal tranny cooler that comes with fan in built?

Yeah @Barry it has on off switch but you can make it auto also you just have to throw in some temperature tripping switch that way it will automatically switch on when required and @derik of course its a used fan from a yard where else you can get a fan with brackets for 75 and as for warranty that it works or not that decision we can leave on gaurav Bhai he will put it to test on friday and post here the results....and my opinion is that during climbs the car is usually very slow so not much air passes through the atf cooler and by fixing a fan on top of cooler will force air through the fins which will improve heat exchange that I am sure....

• Like (+1) 1

Yes I can see the make and model of fan, it's used in some Asian Honda model and it reads made in Japan. That's all is enough for me.

Haven't tried here motorsport shop readymade cooler with fan as they are big and I'm super tight on space in Pajero engine bay, mine is swb.

Barry, I agree price is nice but my initial concern was to establish a reason of this slight overheating, hope we nailed it right. Then I can wait for it to fail to upgrade to newer and more heavy duty fan. This Fan installation has a relay and fuse in between and then end with a switch, so it seems totally safe to use for off-road application.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Not bad as a make shift, but I still prefer branded and heavy duty stuff to be 100% sure unlike using scrap parts for off-road (too much risk involve IMO).

• Like (+1) 1

@derek you are in auto world here nothing is 100% just things that hit the bullseye or not and the thing is usually when climbing you are at low rpm and high torque bands or else with very HGH rpm and still in low gear that mean stress on engines and transmission and you know what I still have another idea up my sleeve and I am sure this will put nice effect on it...technicians and mechanic's have always sorted the shits that engineers have f***ed up.....with all the my humble apologies and regards...

• Like (+1) 1