•  
Advertise here

Pajero AT light comes up in off-road

I have tried my Pajero few times before and never seen the AT light popping, but since a month every time I go little offroad I see this light after 30-40 minutes of driving. I know now it's hotter month than Jan-March, but does this means I can no longer drive pajero in offroad in summer months in Dubai and UAE. Appreciate any solution for this, please advise. thx

If the light is on it's best to let the car cool for a bit before continuing. 

The best solution is to fit a bigger, uprated transmission oil cooler. It'll work out a lot cheaper than a new gearbox. 

What condition is the transmission oil in? It should be a nice red color. If it's brown, it's time to change it. If it's black it might be too late. 

IMG_0102.JPG

I don't know of a local supplier, maybe someone else on here can suggest but if you don't mind waiting for delivery, eBay would be a good place to check. 

Labour cost won't be too bad, it's around an hours work to fit. Remove the grille, 2 pipes and 2 bolts, fit the new one, refit the grille and top up or change the oil. 

• Like (+1) 1

Also look into the cooler option that comes with thermo fan, as that's what I am also eyeing from sometime now. My Pajero temp occasionally shoots up little on long hill climb.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Barry, do you mind advising some known good brands from ebay or amazon, I don't mind waiting as far as I get high quality original stuff

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 4/27/2017 at 7:15 PM, Jaan Rambo said:

@derik You were advising me to go for Pajero and you are having troubles with it.

So what, every car has some issues but overall Pajero is the king and beast in desert, mountain, wadi, water and whatever you throw at it.

I have seen people like @Doc and @Gaurav have different versions of the Pajero and recovered a couple from the desert and I can vouch for a Pajero that it is an awesome machine. If you don't mind me advising you @Jaan Rambo, any 4x4 is good, you just need some time behind the wheels to understand your vehicle and your vehicle to understand you. Its like a marriage.