•  
Advertise here

why do people hid number plate while selling their car?

This must be most noticed but never asked questioned that why people hide their number plates with clothes, gif and smileys while selling their cars?

• Are they ashamed of their car?
  • Are they ashamed of their number plate?
  • Are they ashamed of selling their car?

In the U.K. we sometimes cover number plates because anyone can go into any parts store and have any number plate made on the spot. Some unscrupulous people will copy a number plate from a car the same as their own and use the car for crime which leads to the real plate owner getting hassle from the police while the criminal usually gets away with it. The process is known as ringing. 

As for UAE, I have no idea because this sort of crime is not possible due to the way number plates are distributed. I can only guess it's down to either paranoia or stupidity or a combination of both. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's an arab world ancient or cultural mentality that selling your car means OMG you have gone poor to sell your car.....!!!! result in few hiding to save their image and other 90% follow blindly just like two antenna from G55 to yaris, corolla and even on some hiace buses.

• Like (+1) 1

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

It seems more of a privacy issue than anything else, that certain ppl don't want to show the world that what they are selling and buying next. I assume.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.