•  
Advertise here

Pajero Vibration on Idle

Hello friends 

well i changed the icv. But i found another problem. I cloesd the air screw completely but engine rpm stay around 910 and when i put it in the D comes around 650-700 and after 30 min driving comes around 590-610 almost and when i put it back to the N engine search to find the right rpm and comes up like 870 till 910 . But its strange ? Becuse i closed air mixtuer screw completely. Today its makes me tired . Becuse as i know the air mixture screw should be open 2.5 turn. So when rpm stay around 690-700 i turn the screw a little like 1/2 turn to reach 850.  But when i switch off and again turn the car on rpm goes around 910-20 😖. I also change the o ring of icv and remove the battery negative for 5-10 min . So what do you think.? 

Although bit strange, but nothing to worry. Drive for few days with screw adjustment until ICV re-learn and then slowly release RPM adjuster completely. May be it's just taking longer in your case or I don't remember 100% on how long it took in my case as this is not my daily driver. 

Is engine idle rpm (on neutral) has stabilized than before or not? Mine is like stand still at 900ish once fully warm and when on D it drops to 600ish (like it should).

Is your engine stalling or RPM fluctuating (dancing) at all now?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi gaurav

thanks for your reply. Actually i did not see any swing on the rpm .its strange . When i put the shifter in to D rpm comes down around 700 and down very slowly comes down to 630-640 after 5 min in to the D and my food on the brake pedal . Than i put the  car in to the N and rpm comes to 780 and after 1-2 min slowley comes to 890 and then 910 stop. By the way do you think is that related to TPS adjusment. Because the mechanics played with that one time 6 months back. and i believe all problems come from that time. I chacked the voltage of the terminal 3 and ground it was 5.01 or 5.02 and continuity between terminal 1 ground and 2  when the throttle is close completely its discontinuous,(no beep )on the voltmeter.  but when i touch the throttle to open it very very very slowley ( its like touch )  its continuous and complete open is discontinuous.  Is that correct? 

Again thanks 

I am not that technically well versed with TPS diagnosis, and I shared what happened and cured my stalling and dancing RPM with change of ICV.

@Barry, @treks and @shadow79 can you please advise further on above situation....?

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Yes I had changed the throttle body in my own lancer and had to close the screw on top all the way then it was working at right rpm that 2 and half turns are for carburetors not electronically controlled injectors....

• 9 months later...

Hi, 

I have been having an issue with my Pajero 3.8 2010 model, that on Drive mode and with the brake pressed there is a vibration. This vibration disappears when in P and N mode. There is not much noticable vibration while driving the vehicle?

Any suggestions. I plan to take it to the garage tomorrow for a check.

Just another info, this issue has been there for a while and it became noticeable after the last time I took it to the desert. I have been driving with it for a while, but I intend to get it checked and fixed now.

Thanks

Just an update, the issue was with the engine and gear mounts which were shot. Got them replaced and the car is smooth as usual.

@treks yes the idle speed we're normal. In N it is at about 900 rpm with the AC on, and when in D it drops to about 600 rpm.

• Like (+1) 1