•  
Advertise here

26 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

and rahim bhai (sorry for using this language) you have balls of steel to sit with a novice level driver and novie level driver i have new respect for you you have raised the bars for few of us here at carnity.....

No need to be sorry @shadow79 you have won many hearts and I love your way of thinking. You are different in a good way and add to our community with a lot of positives. Love you bro. Hope to catch you soon. I was also a novice when I started and I never forget that, I would have never learned if people would not have given me a chance. You only grow better with experience and experience comes from actually being able to do it. Live and learn.

• Like (+1) 3

Rahim bhai as we always say, that everyone should bring their breakfast and little extra to share. Yesterday was a living proof that God blessed our table with plenty of choices and good quantity irrespective of your contribution, community always win.

Secondly It's eating together and sharing each other food brings us closer to extend our trust on each other in most grueling and unforgiving terrain. 

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi All,

Good afternoon !

The same thing continues again........ both Gaurav and Rahimdad took total care of things and the worst thing is the whole crowd is getting corrupted by Gaurav and Rahimdad .... They whole bunch was really friendly and kind .... even so they put up with my great jokes   :mrgreen::mrgreen: ..... Saleem with his amazing Rav4 was a sight to see as they say its 90% Driver 10% the vehicle amazing skills ..... I did get myself bogged down and was helped by Rahimdad during the initial phase of 4x2 drive and finally towards the steep slope of fossil rock by Gaurav..... And a mighty big Thanks to Asif for capturing my stupidity     :wub: will always remember that . With regards to Barry , Diamond and Jason you are supposed to go over the dunes and not flatten them down   ;-);-) .......

Drive /Ride safe !

Slick72

• Like (+1) 1

Here are the pictures from my camera, but BIG THNAKS to Deepti (Kavin's wife) for clicking some wonderful shots and also to Srikumar for helping in capturing some awesome moments. 

Guys please upload your pictures and video on below gallery link, as from whatsapp it will disappear in a short while.

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/18-desert-driving-training-12-may-2017/

Once again a well planned drive by Gaurav, and a good amount of theory and reasoning was covered to explain the finer details of desert driving, esp. the art of the shoveling to rescue a crested vehicle. Also the myth that you can drive only on 4H or in my case 4HLc was removed. Intact I enjoyed the initial drive where the car was drifting while driving on 2H. We also got to see Deepak's truck becoming a plane for a brief few moments. Like Rahim bhai @Rahimdad said I am really enjoying assisting him in sweep position as I am able to learn the various methods of recovery / self recovery. The only part I thing which was missing was that Deepak's shovel was rusting at the back of his car. He should have been a part of our last week drive where his full skills of shoveling would have come to the fore. :-D :-D

• Like (+1) 1

Well said @skumar83 but do you know that Deepak shovel can never rust, as its all aluminium one - lol.

I'm glad that frequent carnity driver learned something new and got a chance to clear some myth and had some fun. Like @Rahimdad always says that we are here with lot of skills and expertise but depends on taker on how well they accept and need it. It feels very encouraging when members come forward and take the lead of asking new stuff or putting the learning into practice. After the drive Rahim bhai was appreciating a lot about your skills, efforts and commitment as a second sweep.

Well done bro, keep it up.

• Like (+1) 1

A BIG THANK YOU To CARNITY it was great learning experience from well experienced Marshal @Gaurav and Our superman Sweeper @Rahimdad. It was great knowledge of sand and dunes. Being in the desert was so refreshing and my Driver @Barry (Thanks for your comment Bro) it so much fun. I am still learning my car and my biggest Weaknesses is clutch timing I most of the time delay in releasing the reason so the I get stuck so working on it hard.  Really it was headbanging experience. Thank you everyone for the great Fun drive.  Lastly I would like to apologise to each one there for leaving early without even saying Goodbyes As I had very important appointment and was getting very late. @Barry thank you for being so helpful and understanding really sorry you couldn't complete the Run. Thank you all for everything. Breakfast was Amazing specially those yummy sandwiches with Chatney. Thank you again to @Gaurav and @Rahimdad for the knowledge and confidence they gave me and entire carnity family for support and fun.

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks Diamond for your feedback on training, hope to see you all on next Friday training drive - part II.

It will be more fun as it's gonna end in cooler ambiance.