•  
Advertise here

Kia Optima speedometer change from miles to kms

Hi, All.

Good day.

I have a Kia Optima 2012 and it is American Spec. The speedometer shows the unit of MILES for the car driven and I want to change to KM on the speedometer, can anyone please help me as to where & who can do this.?

Appreciate your kind reply/help.

Amar

If I am not wrong I think you got to change the whole instrument panel with GCC specs or similar car that shows in Kms. More experts can comment here: @Barry @shadow79

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

You can buy sticker kits on eBay. You can even change the color of the dash clocks if you want. I've had to do it the other way round before, kph to mph with imports coming from Japan to U.K.  

Bear in mind that if you do this, your odometer will be wrong as it is reading in miles instead of kilometers. 

Edited by Barry
  • Like (+1) 1

Thanks to all for the reply.

Isn't there any programming for the cluster which can change it. What if I buy an instrument cluster which reads KM will it help and also do I have to reprogramme it?. 

Hi Guys, One more thing, as suggested by Barry above, my speedometer had both KM as well as Miles on the dial which is not a problem for me. I am talking about the reading which shows distance traveled.

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED PIC

b7933881_22.jpg

Hello, Barry. Yes, I tried with all the settings. 

Edited by Amar

I just tried using the menu buttons on the steering wheel, other than that I haven't tried anything else.Is there any program or software that can change the Miles to KM.