•  
Advertise here

Burning question : Luxury vs top of the range Vehicles

In a nutshell lets just say its the difference between a donkey and a thoroughbred horse. Al hamdulilah Ive owned and/or driven most luxury rides on a long tern basis save for a Rolls Royce or Bentley ( on my bucketlist ) You can stuff as much leather and gizmos in a camry or Corolla at the end the of day, its still a corolla or camry. There is no comparision. BMWs, Audis and Porsches are basically more for European sensibilities, where "handling" is preferred over comfort. In my Biased opinion nothing beats a Range Rover when it comes to luxury and in this country with an ample supply of cheap parts as well as scrappies. Running costs are less than a jap eco box. Just yesterday bought a water pump and drive belts for a L322 Range Rover 180 for the water pump and 100 for both drive belts. 

• Like (+1) 1

I drove porshe cayenne (drove not owned) and Lexus LX, Cayenne has the interior look,hand stitched leather and all fitting of luxury Room, LX  also has feel of Comfort, My Old kia Sorento was full option top of range was comfortable with less than half the price of both the cars. MY pajero gives me a feel of a car which I love. Never sat in Rolls or Bents or Range so can't comment.  I think car should give a feeling of a car not a luxurious hotel room.  UNLESS ????? (Use your imagination to answer that ). Car is a Car. Some people use them as status Symbols. Not to along ago (1998) my Dad gifted me Caprice SS Impala  Black 1998 model. The Power the Comfort and the Drive of that Car I miss till date too bad it got Cancelled due a bad accident and I did'nt even know what happened till i got out of car and saw what happened (safety features) Now that is What I miss in Cars of Today.

Edited by DiamondDallas
Additional lines
  • Like (+1) 1

Well thats just the thing, many prefer the feeling of a luxurious hotel room and saying todays cars have a lot less safety features or less safe than a 1998 Caprice is not factual. 

180 for a water pump isn't bad but that's for a L322. Try pricing one for the new model. I could buy 2 full Tiida engines for the price of one Range Rover water pump. 

I agree with Mr Dallas that most of the high end stuff are just status symbols. How else can you explain a 1 million dirham 4x4 like the Bentayga that can't even climb a sand dune. 

Who told you it cant? Www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nzyvCjlE2A

And yes many do buy these as a status symbol but many like me for example dont. I drive a Range Rover simply because I like the comfort and smoothness and the way it looks inside ans out.. Status symbol has nothing to do with it. And give it a little time if not already because I havent checked, the sharjah parts people will source cheaper parts for the new L405 too. Scrapyards already stock them.

I always use gulf stars in Sharjah for new Range Rover stuff. They're cheap, reliable, have genuine parts and they deliver to Dubai in 3 hours. The second hand parts are starting to make their way onto the market now, I've bought cams before but it's not too long ago that if you needed an engine you have to ship it from Saudi and pay 35-40k for it. Stuff like water pumps etc I would never buy second hand because of the effort to fit it and if it fails in a couple of months you have to strip everything and do it again.

have a friend who works at a high end workshop and he always complains about these so called high end vehicles as much as i have heard they are a bunch of failures...coolant leak,steering leaks transmission leaks engine oil leaks are very common even on newer cars as far as the japs are concerned these cars usually come to workshop only for oil changes and pad changes for the first few years so where is the question of reliability here....so where is my tercel i m lucky to have you it survived almost 10 heat ups but still drives as a butterfly....i remember once i came all the way from siji till ajman industrial area with a broken radiator but still it was only the radiator which i had to change not the engine....

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/16/2017 at 7:40 PM, Barry said:

When it comes to expensive cars versus really expensive cars, I think 90% of it is just showing off and saying I have more money than you because most of the time there is a cheaper car that will easily outperform it.

Well, you have a great point here.  I think it's a head turner because of its brand