•  
Advertise here

Around the UAE

Hi Guys,

So last night a crazy idea came to my mind. Why not do a road trip around UAE? The idea is to just drive alongside the borders as much as possible. I came with two versions short one ( https://goo.gl/maps/GVYahWP27rM2 ) as most of the Fujairah region has been explored anyway or the long one ( https://goo.gl/maps/312mYbvwDoH2). 

Any suggestions are welcome, such as change in route slightly to make it more scenic. Any watchouts based on past experience

• Like (+1) 1

Wow @waqaszohair this is really a great initiative and very well though off. Sounds like an amazing idea and one which should be explored further. @Gaurav Bhai is away for a foreign trip on business and should be back before our next drive. We should meet up over a cup of tea or coffee and plan this out as I am sold on this idea. As per my experience trips of this nature should be carefully planned and need some time. With Ramadan starting next week and in the summer heat it does not seem to be something that most people would like to do in close to 50 degree heat for most part of the day. I would absolutely leave the floor open to more suggestions from everyone to add value to this trip.Once again well thought of Waqas bhai and thank you for the research work put in to make a route. Once Gaurav Bhai is back and we finalize this trip, I would like you to take the honor to post the trip details in the Trips section and I will definitely be in to support this one.

Thank you for the comments. Yes indeed it would require loads of planning. Moreover, I am thinking the long trip would be too much for a single day. However, a short trip can be done with disciplined stopovers.

Due to the nature of the roads neighboring borders I am not sure if we will have some border issue. Any explorers with experience can comment.

@waqaszohair your idea is fantastic and we are the explorer. It is going to be quite a long trip but can be managed in a day, or we could have a long holiday coming up and use 2 days to do it. Checking for border control is also a good observation. Let Gaurav Bhai return, maybe you can join for the upcoming drive and we could sit together and plan this out. We could set a date and time to it so that we could have small rekki trips to the areas we doubt regarding the check post and so on and so forth to crease out our plans and revise the route if necessary.

Awesome thinking @waqaszohair, you are THE MAN, never knew auditor can be so good as we all hate them. lol.

I love the long run and best if we can do it in one day to call - Around the UAE in 1 day.... Think about it.

Will discuss more once im back to Dubai on Wed.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@FutureY Thanks for adding your experience, do you mind telling which area require extra caution and have you done in it 4WD or sedan car?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.