•  
Advertise here

deflation vary as per occupant numbers?

derik

I have been always driving in sand at 14-15 psi, after reading this here somewhere. Now last week I was having 5 people in car and car was struggling a lot more. Do I increase or decrease the tire pressure when I have full load or it doesn't matter?

Leave it as it. You were struggling because you were carrying a lot more weight. Decreasing pressure is not a good idea. You'll be a lot more prone to a pop out. 

Infact back in the day when I would load a 1 ton generator in the back of the bushanab I would deflate to only 20psi but with the weight of the generator the footprint at 20 was that of a 15 deflated tyre. When when on safari with full load of 6pax plus drivee never took it below 15. 

Another reason is. Its summer time now and the sand is a lot more softer too.

• Like (+1) 2

Go with above advise as it is. 

You can only deflate further while you struggle if you have good condition off-road tires (All terrain or M/S). Then you can deflate to 10-12 psi otherwise for road tires (HT tread) 14-15 is ideal.

If you deflate further while having extra load then be careful to avoid sharp turn and go straight up and down than side-ways which will pop-out tire more easily due to extra load under low tire pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use