•  
Advertise here

It's once in a year opportunity for all off-roaders in UAE to meet and sit in one place to enjoy Great Grand Iftar together. It's being held in coordination with all off-road clubs and approx 400-500 cars shows up every year in Iftar bowl near Tawi Rafadah in Bidayar area.

Whether you are fasting or not, it's a must drive to attend to watch the union of off-roaders and witness the love and respect that everyone share in this small world. I have attended this twice in the past and always enjoyed meeting some of my old off-road friends and making new friends.

Plan is to start from Tawi Nizwa area and follow the fence toward end of the track and then head to Iftar bowl. Considering the fasting time, first 9-10 kms is simple plain desert track next to fence. And then last 2-3 kms is good playable area in rolling dunes just before we reach iftar bowl. After the Iftar we might go for a quick spin in that same or closer area depending on everyone's availability and exit.

Great Grand Iftar Drive.JPG

When: 9 June 2017, Friday
Meeting time: 4 PM, convoy will move sharp at 4:15 PM
Where: Jabal Arafat Supermarket

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/wxKht3VLdZU2

Level of drive: Absolute Newbie - Newbie - Fewbie - Expert - Advance - All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Day drive from Tawi Nizwa to Iftar Bowl and enjoy Iftar together.
What to bring along: Evening snacks, food for Iftar - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9 PM, 9 June 2017, Friday

List your name and mobile number in this drive thread and RSVP the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Great initiative @Gaurav bhai, I am also in. Last year we stood tall on Iftaar Bowl to around 200-250 cars which swamped the area and joined everybody down for Iftaar as time came close to open fast. Hope to repeat the same feet this time around.

Good to see @skumar83 is the first to sign up.

4 hours ago, hAwX said:

anybody from sharjah with an extra empty seat for this trip?

Please check with Rahim bhai or with Shadow (Saleem)

3 hours ago, Wajahat said:

I would like to register for this drive if it's not too late. 

Ahmed - 0509114496

Welcome Ahmed, for your first drive with us. Do share little about your off-road experience and RSVP the calendar please.

On 6/6/2017 at 11:51 PM, shadow79 said:

fixed the old bumper itself its gonna come out again anyway...the car is ready for more abuse...i m in :-D:-D

Good to see back after gladiator fighting. RSVP the calendar please.

Everyone, please note meeting point slightly changed to 200 meters ahead after Tawi NIzwa Shops to avoid the evening rush.

When: 9 June 2017, Friday
Meeting time: 4 PM, convoy will move sharp at 4:15 PM
Where: Jabal Arafat Supermarket

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/wxKht3VLdZU2

Jabal.JPG