•  
Advertise here

Area 53 to Iftar Bowl - Night Drive - 15 June 2017

7 hours ago, shadow79 said:

😀😀😀😀ahmad Bhai are you ready for some gruelling pushing of rav4 while raining sand with nothing but sand around 😀 and you are expected to also be a handy mechanic so you can fix things which come up along the way 😀😀 then please do join with all the pleasures and welcomes...

Saleem Bhai, I was hoping you would respond. So, I am already prepared for all that. If you are in, then I am with you. 

11 hours ago, shadow79 said:

😀😀😀😀ahmad Bhai are you ready for some gruelling pushing of rav4 while raining sand with nothing but sand around 😀 and you are expected to also be a handy mechanic so you can fix things which come up along the way 😀😀 then please do join with all the pleasures and welcomes...

As much as I understand and respect your enthusiasm, but this area is strictly not meant for RAV4 due to tricky tall dunes with endless soft patches during the summer months. Learning from last 3 experience we cannot delay any more drives by 4-5 hours due to several incidents in each drive be it situational / accidental / human error. Once in a while delay due to unexpected incidents are acceptable, but not consecutively on every drive with one person and car.

Please look out for an easy drives, in which you join and exit without any incidents in at least 3 drives and then you can look out for an intermediate level drive. Hope you understand this because we need to be fair to everyone who is sparing their precious weekend time for these desert drives.

"This area requires precise control as one moment you climb up with full throttle and second moment you crawl at low rev before hitting the gas again for sideways climb."

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@shadow79 Unfortunately Saleem Bhai no matter how many mods you make to a cycle, it will not become a rocket.

I truly appreciate your enthusiasm and love your presence, you bring smiles on everybody and you are very resourceful.

@Gaurav bhai is advising you not to bring your ride for several reasons as per his experience, the area is full of tall to huge dunes with a lot of soft patches and he does not want you to harm your vehicle anymore. Maybe nobody says it, but the fact is, it is not very pleasant to be stopping and moving every time and if the plan is for a 2 - 3 hours drive, being stuck in one spot for over 6 - 8 hours due to some issue. We do not believe in leaving anybody behind due to our past experiences, but for that reason we cannot stretch the patience of so many people.

I am planning on having a much easier drive next week in an area which will be much easier for all the rides, specially a Rav4 and its an area that you have already been to. I would appreciate if you could tag along with one of us this week and I will definitely have you in next week as part of my convoy.

Thank you for your understanding.

Rahim Bhai I am almost finishing have done more then half the work have lifted it rear side 4 and front side 3 and put a 4mm aluminum shield right in front of the void which was inviting trouble and will fix 2 spot lights but even then if the decision has been made then I should be respectful...

IMG_20170613_093927.jpg

IMG_20170613_112446.jpg

IMG_20170614_031225.jpg

IMG_20170614_111945.jpg

IMG_20170614_031245.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

OK brothers i have completely finished the work so I have attached the picture of my work now if you think that it has a chance to pull through then do let me know.....

IMG_20170614_230950.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

@shadow79 your ride is looking amazingly good. Just feel uncomfortable with the height, looks like the center of gravity is way off. I think Area 53 is extremely demanding area and the terrain and nature needs to be respected. @Gaurav bhai and me are just trying to be absolutely sure that nobody suffers any damages or the inconvenience involved in case of an incident. With my experience the likelihood of having an incident on this trip with the Rav4 is even greater now due to the ride height which can also be dangerous. I would still recommend that you join one of us this week and on my trip next week we will have the RAV4 special to test out your amazing mods.

I will leave it to @Gaurav bhai to make the decision as he is the trip leader.

Yes I should agree the ride is bit high as b4 I could easily take curves at high speed almost like a small car but this time while coming back from sharjah I had to lower the speed to 120 ,130 when at curves. In the oncoming drives we will test out the upgrades which have been done that way we will know that if its a reliable ride and maybe rise in ranks of drive difficulty later on...

Edited by shadow79
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2