•  
Advertise here

Richard Hammond involved in another serious crash

Barry

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jun/11/richard-hammond-escaped-crashed-car-seconds-before-being-incinerated

Richard Hammond, formerly of Top Gear, now on The Grand Tour has been involved in another serious accident. The last one was when he rolled a jet powered dragster and ended up in a coma. This time in an electric powered vehicle on a hill climb. Seems that he got lucky and crawled out before it burst into flames. From what I have seen recently, EVs are just as prone to fire after an accident as a petrol powered vehicle is, if not more. I've seen a lithium ion phone battery explode when it was punctured, this is just a gigantic version of that.

IMG_0329.JPG

OMG, that seriously looks like a nasty accident and car toasted so bad......! I think it looks more bad than a petrol vehicle damage when catches the fire or it's just me being a petrol-head all the time.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I think it's the toasted carbon fiber panels that makes it look so bad. The resin burns off and just leaves the fluffiness of the carbon fiber. 

I saw on another website different angles of this crash. Hammond was a very lucky man. When he rolled, the roof of the car collapsed and there was only one window on the car he could escape from.

Carbon fiber is strong, the resin that holds it together is the weak point. Try to look at it like an expensive version of fiberglass and you will understand. Set fire to it and the resin (glue that holds it together) is very flammable. 

in the video it was clear that he was fast and the maybe the traction control kicked then the roll over...
Rimac concept one omg one hellofa tech but not sure if thats what the cause of this prob.

Bring this guy to Dubai and show "NONE" of the car involve in roll-over ever exploded. Wrong perception to defend Richard or Rimac..

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 2 weeks later...