•  
Advertise here

OFFROAD CAPABILITIES OF 2017 FORD EXPLORER XLT

@BENNY THOMAS congrats. Don't forget to bug them for the Jeep Academy coupons as the tips and tricks they show in that session are something which no one can help you with. Capable off-road machine with proper care and technical know how.

4 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@BENNY THOMAS congrats. Don't forget to bug them for the Jeep Academy coupons as the tips and tricks they show in that session are something which no one can help you with. Capable off-road machine with proper care and technical know how.

Thanks mate, I will surely do so, i totally appreciate bcoz without the knowledge it is not possible to ensure the safety of the passengers or the vehicle, thank a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

Guys I am getting the shivers when reading online about all the complaints about transmission and others exterior/interior equipments on older models as well as 2015/16/17 models, thinking about backing out :(

34 minutes ago, BENNY THOMAS said:

Guys I am getting the shivers when reading online about all the complaints about transmission and others exterior/interior equipments on older models as well as 2015/16/17 models, thinking about backing out :(

Jeeps are not known for long term reliability, they are not in the same category as Japanese trucks, but they are backed by some of the best warranty services in the gulf, so you are pretty much covered for the next 5 years (or warranty period), their warranty exceeds the Japanese agencies here especially if you offroad or modify your truck..

also some Japanese vendors are also suffering from tranny issues, Nissan CVTs for example..

that's said, Jeeps are not terrible either. I would be happy to own a new grand Cherokee & take it for camping & normal desert drives, don't be scared of it, it is a good truck.

on the other hand, I saw many issues with friends driving Ford trucks, even pure on road ones.. Jeeps are really better!

it boils down to how hard you are going to push it, if you are going all out in the desert, then a smipler, less gadgets in the car will survive the abuse longer.. and then you should have a dedicated desert toy, as it will break eventually regardless of the brand.

if you are going to drive family kind of trips, the grand cherokee is more than up to the task, and in style!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ayman_khateeb said:

Jeeps are not known for long term reliability, they are not in the same category as Japanese trucks, but they are backed by some of the best warranty services in the gulf, so you are pretty much covered for the next 5 years (or warranty period), their warranty exceeds the Japanese agencies here especially if you offroad or modify your truck..

also some Japanese vendors are also suffering from tranny issues, Nissan CVTs for example..

that's said, Jeeps are not terrible either. I would be happy to own a new grand Cherokee & take it for camping & normal desert drives, don't be scared of it, it is a good truck.

on the other hand, I saw many issues with friends driving Ford trucks, even pure on road ones.. Jeeps are really better!

it boils down to how hard you are going to push it, if you are going all out in the desert, then a smipler, less gadgets in the car will survive the abuse longer.. and then you should have a dedicated desert toy, as it will break eventually regardless of the brand.

if you are going to drive family kind of trips, the grand cherokee is more than up to the task, and in style!

Thanks @ayman_khateeb You are the only one who gave a positive feedback, everyone around me are trying to make me change my mind 

@BENNY THOMAS I agree with @ayman_khateeb. You don't need to worry with the Jeep for at least the warranty period. I used to own a Jeep Commander 5.7 Hemi for 3 years without any major issues and the small issues were quickly addressed by Trading Enterprise.

5 hours ago, BENNY THOMAS said:

Thnx @Rahimdad tats a relief to know, do u go offroading as well? 

@benny

5 hours ago, BENNY THOMAS said:

Thnx @Rahimdad tats a relief to know, do u go offroading as well? 

@BENNY THOMAS for your above question @Rahimdad will reply YES!!!

But I will give you short brief what is he... @Rahimdad - Rahimda is superman in desert, we always see him with colourful Tshirts with superman on his chest.. we trust all his move and learn from him in every drive and which will never end with his end less knowledge... I would like to mention one more genius we have with us @Gaurav - Gaurav Bhai has wealth of off-road knowledge..  both of them don't stop sharing us their knowledge when we go for drives.. 

@BENNY THOMAS join us for drives with your Jeep 

Asif

• Like (+1) 2