•  
Advertise here

OFFROAD CAPABILITIES OF 2017 FORD EXPLORER XLT

Wow @shadow79 @Asif Hussain I dint know those facts,  now am assured am getting advice from the elite :), looking forward to meet all of you

Benny Thomas 

On 6/21/2017 at 10:11 AM, Rahimdad said:

@BENNY THOMAS congrats. Don't forget to bug them for the Jeep Academy coupons as the tips and tricks they show in that session are something which no one can help you with. Capable off-road machine with proper care and technical know how.

I asked them about the coupons and they simply replied that they don't have such coupons Now :(

• Like (+1) 1

@BENNY THOMAS I guess you got your reply so I don't even need to say Yes, I do go off-roading.

@shadow79 and @Asif Hussain you guys are too kind with you words, the truth is fater 20 years of experience off-road between @Gaurav bhai and me, we are still learning and our teachers are enthusiastic people like yourself who participate actively in every drive.

@Benny Thomas, I guess they must have discontinued the program, but rest assured we will continue to help you and grow in every way possible. If you are booking the car at the Festival City branch get in touch with Gurmit Singh, he is in sales and he was present with me on my Jeep Academy training and is a very good friend since. You can quote him my name and ask him if they are still running the Jeep Academy and if you can get in on it.

Hope this helps.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@BENNY THOMAS I guess you got your reply so I don't even need to say Yes, I do go off-roading.

@shadow79 and @Asif Hussain you guys are too kind with you words, the truth is fater 20 years of experience off-road between @Gaurav bhai and me, we are still learning and our teachers are enthusiastic people like yourself who participate actively in every drive.

@Benny Thomas, I guess they must have discontinued the program, but rest assured we will continue to help you and grow in every way possible. If you are booking the car at the Festival City branch get in touch with Gurmit Singh, he is in sales and he was present with me on my Jeep Academy training and is a very good friend since. You can quote him my name and ask him if they are still running the Jeep Academy and if you can get in on it.

Hope this helps.

I think I now need to book an off road driving course with the two off roading supermen @Rahimdad and @Gaurav Bhai here now :D

You guys think you could teach this old dog some new tricks !
I'm a quick learner I promise :)

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1

As for the OP, even though I have an eternal and undying hate for Jeeps. I'm glad you didn't buy a Ford Exploder, which Ford has basically turned into a drag queen in the current generation. Its no longer a proper 4x4 but rather a front wheel drive with part time 4x4 sending power to the rear wheels when it detects slippage. Basically from being in the proper 4x4 bracket to the wannabe 4x4 rather cross over segment like the CRV 

Edited by desertdude

@desertdude with all our experiences combined @Gaurav bhai and me are also learning some new way of doing things. You are most welcome to join and I am sure if you don't learn from us, we can always learn from your vast experience. If only people here knew you through the drives we have than they would forget @Gaurav bhai and me and would be singing praises for you.

• Like (+1) 1

no matter who or what type of big shots exist out there and we all know for sure there are...but one thing is for sure for us guys here at carnity. @Gaurav bhai  and @Rahimdad bhai sacrificing their time and effort on us. mentoring us and leading and sometimes being surprised as us as well.spoiling us with care and love and sometimes even scolding us like big brothers (especially me) really i have yet not seen such place or such teachers and friends .its just a sweet connection here we all share and i hope it to be ever lasting...:-D my hats off to you both and everyone here at carnity....:-D:-D

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Like (+1) 2

Thank you @shadow79 for your kind words and warm feelings. I am in tears and I am sure once @Gaurav bhai sees this he will be in tears also. It is our greatest pleasure to be around such wonderful people, we are truly blessed by God Almighty to have such a beautiful family away from our family.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, shadow79 said:

no matter who or what type of big shots exist out there and we all know for sure there are...but one thing is for sure for us guys here at carnity. @Gaurav bhai  and @Rahimdad bhai sacrificing their time and effort on us. mentoring us and leading and sometimes being surprised as us as well.spoiling us with care and love and sometimes even scolding us like big brothers (especially me) really i have yet not seen such place or such teachers and friends .its just a sweet connection here we all share and i hope it to be ever lasting...:-D my hats off to you both and everyone here at carnity....:-D:-D

That part is true, even with my almost 20 years experience with 10 of those in the professional field I really dont have the patience or the will power to do what these two do

Last time I went out with RD was on a newbie drive and we spent almost 3hrs trying to cross a patch less than 300 mtrs long. I could see the road from where we we standing. And by the time he managed to drag everyone clear it was dark for an hour or so already. I felt many times to screw it and just call it quits and drive out in my own. If I was leading that convoy those guys probably would be still stuck there today! 

Guess just getting old and grumpy with low tolerance. Maybe spent too many days out in the desert under the sun. That would explain my lack of hair in my chrome dome though!

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,  I rolled out my new JGC limited cherry red (colour is awesome)  yesterday from Sharjah showroom, enjoyed the soothing ride back to fujairah, will need sometime to get used to the vehicle and then I hope I can take part in rides with you guys to the extend that all of you advice me. What do you suggest, when is the best time I can try my red dragon on the sands.. 

• Like (+1) 1