•  
Advertise here

Hire car in the desert

Barry

@Atif what you are referring when you say 'few meters from the road' is the for the vehicle recovery which is covered in some of the insurance.

I had an incident in the desert a few months ago and my insurance company (Oman Insurance) covered it fully without asking a question. I only paid an excess of aed 200.

• Like (+1) 1

A brotherly advice buy yourself a 6k or 7k rig and abuse it nicely its better then riding a rented one as there is no bureaucratic mambo jambo behind it. Its straight and clear as you own it....as those who provide as much free hand on damage will cost as much as a cheap rig in few days....in short if it the rent is 700 or 1500 per day you can own your own in few days rent money...

Edited by shadow79
More information

Get a old model jeep like 97 to 2000 that are capable and whose parts are easy to get and the rig is also cheap...its a win win in both sides

There are a few pics of jeep in what's up group of Carnity but it needs some changes so can be used off road but its 8cyl...

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldnt go near off road zone with the kathara jeeps they rent out at exorbitant prices. Put in a little more money and get your own. With the economic downturn and gas prices creeping up and it being summer its a buyers market out there for cars, specially 4x4s. Cars selling for crap prices.

Personally I would stay away from sheeps but thats my eternal hate for sheeps speaking.

• Like (+1) 1

Alf mabrook on your license @manums I agree you should have your own ride. I would go with Japanese any day. Check out rides available here on Carnity, dubizzle and similar websites. Shortlist a few within you budget and you can discuss them on the forum or call us for more urgent information or hot deal.

• Like (+1) 1