•  
Advertise here

Exhaust Enhancement usign Spavcer

I wanted advice if we can use spacer in the exhaust to increase the note of the exhaust. I am currently having prado 4.0L v6. By spacer I mean entering a bolt between pipe joint after cat and before muffler. Has someone done in previously how loud does it get and how about RTA clearance on this one?

That is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start. It's basically the same as having a broken exhaust. Some exhaust gases are released before they get to the silencer which is what creates the noise. RTA will fail you for it. The police will fine you for it. There's the risk of fire hazard because of the hot exhaust gases being released under the car instead of out the back. You could end up melting the petrol tank or setting fire to the carpets inside with the heat. There's also the danger of exhaust gases getting into the passenger compartment and poisoning everyone. A guy and his girlfriend died in England in a similar manner a couple of months ago. Here's the story,

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-39339063

Theres full information on the U.K. car forums if you want to read the full story but the guy had done more or less the same as you're suggesting.

If you want more noise, get a proper exhaust system. @Gaurav can recommend a shop that custom built a system for his Pajero.

• Like (+1) 4

@Barry thanks for sharing some very important information and thanks to @waqaszohair for bringing up such an interesting topic. @Ren13 very nicely put, the change of air filter can give you some sound and is cheaper than modding your exhaust. There are 2 types of after market air filters. The more popular one is the cone filter which is a fail at RTA, just retain your original air filter to replace at the time of passing and then change back. The other option is the one that is modified but can fit in to your normal air filter box, but improves the breathing of the car, this one since RTA cannot see, they cannot fail.

And if you are ready to be stranded at sharjah then go ahead.we once had a charger upgraded from agency and imported from America.. Which had a different sound from stock but was basically from agency but still couldn't convince anjad at last they handed us a paper and took the car from us. We got it after 3 days without any fines....as it was originally fixed....but still the inconvenience of being without a car for 3 days not enjoyable....

Edited by shadow79
Typo

That has to be the dumbest thing I've seen on the interwebz for a long time and trust me Ive seen some dumb $hit. 

This is like the satwa ricer mod that the shababs use to do back int the 90s just take a nail and hammer in a few holes in the muffler. 

Waqas knowing you spend some time in Saudi, so I dont blame you searching and luring for such crapotastic mod ever.

This is complete no-no from first 1 min I watch the video for first few of the reason barry stated already.

What @Ren13 mentioned is the very first basic and safest step to enter into mod your stock car. I have done the same and adding K&N drop-in filter and felt the good note and free throttle response. Don't fall for K&N from local market as they all bump price by triple and waste lot of time in searching here and there (I have done same). Go to K&N US site and order exact fit in dirt cheap price with international shipping that delivers within 2-3 days.

Second step is to play with exhaust and you have two options there and I have done both. 

1. Just for improved noise to sound different - remove the resonator with straight pipe.
  2. For sound and performance - Upgrade all pipes to 2.5 inch and add magnaflow low noise catback

I done both in my Pajero at different phases of its life and enjoyed more on second option that made some genuinely noticeable difference in performance without adding too much doof - doof so that it get passed on RTA without any problem.

I got these exhaust from Al Khwaneej in Shj, known for this exhaust mod since 30 years and referred to me by my close local friend who used them on many of his cars exhaust job done with them.

Saleem: if you go with second option without cancelling the resonator and catalytic converter and add low noise catback - any RTA in UAE will pass it.

Im running similar setup in my Mustang too and it passes every year without any wasta and I do visit Sharjah multiple times without any issue. One must be stupid to floor the accelerator for no reason in residential area to attract cops attention. If you drive decently then no one will ever bother you.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.