•  
Advertise here

Fortuner suspension mods

There are small suspension shops scattered all around sharjah industrial area where you can get your vehicle raised just go to then and explain how much raised you want that way they will install harder springs so that will hold the car higher...

• Like (+1) 2

It is a cheapest way, but make sure you do not raise the car more than 2 inches as when you increase the ride height you are playing with the center of gravity. Proper way would be to get a proper lift kit with springs and suspensions which suit the off-road, the springs should be stiff to give you better travel. Besides lift kit it would also be advisable to increase the size of your tire, but make sure you will not have any rubbing issues, plus get proper off-road tires like the Yokohama Geolander ATS.

• Like (+1) 2

I would second with Rahimdad advise than Shadow79, just because you need a specialize masters degree in dealing with those small suspension shops in sharjah, as 99% of the time they will sell you something lemon proving that you are a moron.

If you want a proper job, find what fits best on your model of fortuner and change the all 4 sides with proper upgraded version. Check with known brands like: Ranchos, Tough dog, Rough country, Old man EMU, Kings, etc.

These proper upgrade might cost you more but be rest assure that you will not topple or get broken suspension in desert when you needed them most. I fixed broken suspension once in desert  and spend 4-5 hours in heat and later realize that owner has got one of those used suspension from shj shops and it was misfit as per vehicle weight and that's why it broke in second minor jump.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Make sure you get a proper 4 wheel 3D alignment done afterwards. A guy came to me a while back after getting a lift done at a monkey shop, complained that the car was unstable. The problems was massive positive camber like in the picture below. A lot of these people are good at swapping parts but when it comes to setting up, adjustments, anything technical, they haven't got a clue.

IMG_0330.JPG

• Like (+1) 2

@Ren13 Don't think that it will be expensive to get a lift kit and put it off. At an Iranian shop they will charge you approximately AED 700 - 800 for the stiffer springs. They also have a habit of telling you the bearings are gone, the bushes need replacing and scaring you till you end up spending around AED 2000. A proper suspension kit from a proper workshop will not cost you more than AED 2500 with the peace of mind. looking forward to the updates regarding your ride.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Ren 13 ,

I just want you to know something I have done to my Xterra : Installed a levelling kit costing about AED 500 then ended up having to spend a little more on adjustable camber bolts . As Barry had suggested please have the front and rear aligned ( if the rear are alignable ) if you increase the height you will move the CG( Centre of Gravity ) up hence there is a need to have wheel spacers . One of the desert fox suggested 1 inch out for every 2 inch up . Go out for a couple of drives offroad see if it meets your requirement the n stick with if you feel that you need better suspension then please buy new springs and shocks that will give you lift and better suspension ( Initially going for total suspension change might throw you off as the ride will be stiffer and will be very noticeable on-road ). Please make sure you have adequate under chassis protection like bash plates , if your Fortuner has additional body kit please remove them as they will be removed by Desert !

Just my 02 Fils !

Some of the most important tools and kit to be carried during your off-road trips have been mentioned by our Master Desertfox  Rahimdad in the following post :

Drive /Ride  Safe!

Slick72

• Like (+1) 2