•  
Advertise here

what are the best modifications for Prado 2016/2017 for Off roading

1 minute ago, DJSTORMTROOPER said:

Any suggestions for skid plate mods for off roading and tyre selection . and any pics of light bar installations for offroading on toyota prado 2016/2017. 

Thanks

please check the below pics may be you can get an idea on the mods.

these are pics of the fortuner.

20170330_165954.png

20170222_102902.png

• Like (+1) 1

@DJSTORMTROOPER A Prado is very capable as is and has all the under body protection it needs, only you night want to protect the bumpers with a skid plate which is about 8 mm thickness, the lesser is better. You may also install a 2 inch lift kit just to improve the approach and departure angles. The only other thing I can think off is a button to switch of the airbags and disable the ABS/TCS instead of having to remove the fuse and add it after every drive.

Have you ever driven your Prado off-road or are you planning on mods even before you have taken it out for a ride and feel. Heavy metal bumpers would be a no from my side. They might only look good but are heavy and can really add serious weight to your car, with the power to weight ratio your car will offer you lesser power per kg on your ride. Besides passing metal bumpers on your 4x4 when passing at RTA is a huge problem and you would either have to keep your stock bumper stored somewhere on invest in a new one every time you want to pass the car. As opposed to skid plates which are bolt-on applications and can be removed at any time.

Just my 0.02 cents.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

You can get those skid plates ready made from sharjah accessories shops scattered all around or else get yourself one custom made PS. The custom ones will be stronger as you decided what type if metal to use and how much thickness to use :-D

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, slick72 said:

@DJSTORMTROOPER, Please check with Marshal Auto in Rashidiya , Dubai . I got my skid plates from them very good place with Quality and reasonable price . Rajesh Paul +971559194900

Admin : This is not to promote a individual Dealer / Workshop but wanted to share my experience .

Drive/Ride Safe !

Slick72

Individual experience and feedback is always welcome, just that self promotion is not.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.