•  
Advertise here

Engine Oil leaking from bottom.

I recently went for oil change at the petrol pump and the mechanic showed me that it is leaking  engine oil from underneath. What could be the problem and how much could it cost I have a Pajero 2009 please help.594baf2e6875a_oilleak.thumb.JPG.3a22dd8b2441b0f7392410ce11a9ee40.JPG

If the oil is black it's the rear crankshaft oil seal. If it's red it's the gearbox input shaft seal. That's assuming the oil isn't leaking down from the top of the engine, rocker covers etc. Good news is the seals aren't expensive, well under 100 dhs. Bad news is the gearbox has to come out to fix it so expect a labour bill somewhere between 600-1000 depending on the garage. Best to change both seals when the gearbox is out rather than have the other one fail in a few months and have to pay labour charge to remove the gearbox again.

I think its Engine oil because the quantity is decreasing and the oil change mechanic checked the gear oil quantity which is ok.

The oil is dripping on  the exhaust manifold from where i marked in the pic and burning with a smell.