•  
Advertise here

@Asif Hussain it is a relaxing drive, we will find a suitable spot for BBQ and try to quickly grill and share a few stories. The drive can continue till the time the sun rises and it becomes hot. We will venture into areas you have not seen before.

• Like (+1) 2

Rahimbhai, I'm not sure yet. Might be traveling for the weekend. I'll join in for sure if I'm not. Also, I'll check with the others, but Adnan is in London this week so he won't be joining. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Sidshk, this is not going to be for newbie, so if you are a first timer than I am afraid this trip is not for you. As for the vehicle we have quite a few Pajeros' on our drives and they are very capable. If it is your first time and you do not mind taking a passenger seat than you are most welcome to join one of us to experience it first hand. We are having regular weekly trips and you can keep checking in for the next newbie drive that will be good to get you started.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@Sidshk, this is not going to be for newbie, so if you are a first timer than I am afraid this trip is not for you. As for the vehicle we have quite a few Pajeros' on our drives and they are very capable. If it is your first time and you do not mind taking a passenger seat than you are most welcome to join one of us to experience it first hand. We are having regular weekly trips and you can keep checking in for the next newbie drive that will be good to get you started.

@Sidshk good opportunity... don't miss it.. 

• Like (+1) 1

A trip report as viewed from my Pajero

Like the topic mentioned, it was truly a Relaxing Drive. It seemed that there was no dearth of time with no deadline to be met and the hence drive could proceed at its own pace. That saying, it was a very smooth drives with almost zero recoveries and hence we covered a lot of ground.

Thank you to everyone for helping fix my stepney at the starting point and sorry for the delay that this caused. This time @shadow79 took up a different role of being a passenger with me instead of a driver. Thank you to Rahim bhai to give us all a chance to lead under his watchful guidance. Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed it and also could overcome a certain fear that I had of being in the lead or second lead. @Asif Hussain lead us through some lovely dunes before Rahim bhai took over to get us to Fossil Rock and then Camel Rock reroute to Faya. During this part of the drive, we can across a reasonably steep dune and my Pajero again started up shifting at the most inappropriate time causing me to give at a try more than a couple of times. This got Saleem bhai who was a passenger in my car to start thinking on what modifications can be done to my Transmission to overcome this problem. 

Once we reached Faya, the magic of Saleem and his friend came to work as they started the grill for the chicken and gave everyone a wonderful meal. We spent close to 4 hours just enjoying the talks, stories with some of us taking a quick nap.

Post the sunrise Malav lead us through some nice dunes. In a couple of those moments when my car seemed to struggle to get to the top of the bowls I was able to defy Rahim bhai's guidance and manage to find that little extra in the Pajero to get it to the top without having to go back down again. It has made me all the more determined to sort out this upshifting problem in the tiptronic so that I can have a vehicle that has the necessary power as well as the transmission to support me during the steep climbs when needed.

Thank you to everyone for such a smooth and fun drive that was thoroughly enjoyed

• Like (+1) 3