•  
Advertise here

Maliha adventurous night drive - 6 July 2017

Firstly I would like to thank @Gaurav bhai for making the change of venue and to all participants to make it to the new meeting point and making this trip happen. The briefing was comprehensive and there was a surprise in it for all. The once banned Rav4 was not only joining us for the drive, it was going to lead us all for a while. How exciting!!! So we started cautiously, but tried to build up some difficulty level, unfortunately one of the dips meant we has a broken radiator again. Saleem was quick to the rescue and MSeal was once again our savior although Gaurav bhai had a few tricks in his bags other than our regular MSeal. So the bar was open for service and some tasty treats from Gaurav bhai kept us full while some snoozed away at the opportunity. Surprisingly, although the city was hot, but the spot we got had a nice cool breeze to keep us all comfortable. Stories were also exchanged and it was total fun.

By the time the radiotor was fixed the sun had also made its way to spread its light without making a full fledge appearance.As Saleem continued to lead the drive he was extra careful in selecting the route and took us to the spot where we love to do some side sloping. We had plenty of fun taking turns and although Asif bhai was a bit hesitant in the beginning, but eventually got his monster to growl, Saleem who was making rounds as if he wanted to reach somewhere yesterday and Gaurav Bhai showing us exactly how it should be done.

We than drove to the top of Fossil Rock where we stopped for a BBQ breakfast which has been the highlight now for 2 drives. This is how health conscious we are. After that we came down on the other side and just before heading out we decided to play for a while. This too gave us a lot of thrills and some show-off time. Once again all I will say is brilliant time with amazing people. Gaurav Bhai treated us to some ice cream before heading back and it was another one for the books. 

Thank you from the bottom of the heart to all participants for being flexible enough for the venue due to my situation and well done Saleem for keeping everyone excited and well fed. I will be missing in action for a couple of weeks as I will be taking on a trip to the wild wild west and I will see you all on the other side of my vacation.

• Like (+1) 4

We were waiting for whole week since Gaurav Bhai posted a adventurous trip to Sweihan. I was excited as we were going to notch this area with our most trusted marshals. Sweihan is one of the difficult terrain in UAE and known as "Little Liwa"  due to its big dunes and soft sand... And the other excitement for me was the convey is coming to my place 😊Abu Dhabi... 

And that day came, 6th July and my plan was to meet the convoy at sweihan city which is 45mins drive from my home. At 10pm I got a call from unknown number and that was gaurav bhai, this is his second number which I had not stored in my device. And heard him saying "Asif Bai small changes" I thought the plan is cancelled. But he said we had changed the plan due to some unforeseen situation and we had switched the plan to Maliha area.. without any questions, I rushed to my truck with my stuffs and started to our new meeting point which is almost 2hrs drive for me and I was 30min late.. Thanks to Gaurav Bhai to keep this drive on..

We all headed to our deflating point and Rahim Bhai was suppose to join us late because he had some work to finish. As usual practice Gaurav Bhai was suppose to start briefing and we saw a pathfinder staring at us.. & that was "Rahim Bhai" and for first time I saw him without superman on his chest.. After a short briefing we all headed towards fossil rock and Saleem bhai was leading us with his once banned RAV4... "bro you performed superb" After driving for few minutes one small sharp dip hit my metal skid plate (5mm thick) which bent from its place and hit the radiator below and we ended up with broken radiator.. With all experts and equipments we carry with us we were able to fix that at spot which took our valuable 3hrs.. After fixing the radiator and examining that we were confident that we can continue the drive with repaired radiator.. 

We continued our drive... by then it was almost dawn, the light started appearing from east... and RAV4 continued its momentum with some exciting dunes and drops and took us to huge dune were we did side sloping for few minutes. First Gaurav Bhai showed us his skill with his little beast and he did it almost at the top edge of the dunes...Then one by one everyone did side sloping and were playing around. But I was hesitating to do it because of radiator, thinking that it will break at the repaired joint.. but gaurav bhai came to me and gave me the confidence.. and finally I did it..!!! not once many times... Then we left that place and reached to the top of fossil rock and had our BBQ breakfast there...  by the time sun rays hit straight to us we came down to the other side of fossil rock and played around again climbing the dunes for few minutes and exited from there to Adnoc.. After inflating we left to Abu Dhabi and reached by noon..

The drive would have been even more adventurous if there wasn't a mishap with my truck.. sorry everyone.

Edited by Asif Hussain
  • Like (+1) 2

It was one those nights where I don't get in trouble or give everyone creeps...I was surprised when gaurav Bhai asked me that I am driving and I was like wait let me fix the bee lights then and yet another surprise was when deflating Rahim Bhai and gaurav Bhai said that I will be leading the convoy I was blown away :-D...thanks Rahim Bhai and gaurav Bhai and special thanks to everyone who were present...

Asif Bhai your bash plate needs a exoskeleton and never mind such small mishaps.its all about trial and error if this will get us then we are better off saying hello to sand from the side of the road.no need to be sorry Bhai it can happen to anyone...or do 1 thing learn from me :-D past few to many drives I have broken ravs bones but yet I am back up and ready for the next drive...

Sorry to all the non vegys that the chicken was not tasty as intended...

And Rahim bhai enjoy your time off but somewhere inside I am thinking who will be rescuing us now :-o

Edited by shadow79
More information
  • Like (+1) 1

Looks like you all have beaten me up to add anything in my trip report.

So I let my pictures do the talking, just added in the gallery: 

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/26-maliha-adventurous-night-drive-6-july-2017/

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.