•  
Advertise here

2017 Land Cruiser V6 vs 2017 Patrol V6

hAwX

One of my friend is in a big dilemma. He test drove both LC and Patrol V6 and he liked them both. Even if it was me, it would be a very hard choice to select from the two. So what is your opinions on the both? He currently drives an es 350 not sure of the model year.. i think 2014/15 and wants an upgrade... more on-road less off-road. 

@hAwX Both are good vehicles and equally capable. As was pointed out by Gaurav Bhai the reliability is slightly better on LC whereas the power off-road is slightly better for the Patrol. However, if coming out to the desert, the lesser the electronics and computers the better. A simpler vehicle is also less heavy on maintenance.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@hAwX Both are good vehicles and equally capable. As was pointed out by Gaurav Bhai the reliability is slightly better on LC whereas the power off-road is slightly better for the Patrol. However, if coming out to the desert, the lesser the electronics and computers the better. A simpler vehicle is also less heavy on maintenance.

based on the previous posts here in the forum.... This is exactly the same thing i've said to him so the percentages are 60% for the Lc and 40 for the patrol.

I would vote for LC and not Patrol due to various reason:

• LC is more reliable to clock over 500k if maintained properly. IRRESPECTIVE of people BS here on Toyota cars. My company has three LC's running over half a million kms.
  • Patrol is abnormally big with swollen looks.
  • 2017 LC looks much better than new Patrol
  • LC has better resale than Patrol
  • LC still made in Japan unlike Patrol
  • Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 7/6/2017 at 1:29 PM, adil said:

Both are ugly now, I use to like older land cruiser looks a lot

I agree, both are now big tubs of plastic. And there is so much more you can get for that much money, only if people get over that mental hurdle of only Japanese because blah blah blah blah

3 hours ago, desertdude said:

I agree, both are now big tubs of plastic. And there is so much more you can get for that much money, only if people get over that mental hurdle of only Japanese because blah blah blah blah

well we all know how G wagon drives still some people love it.... This guy im talking about he's into patrol and lc. What else are there in the similar range?  he was concerned abt fuel economy as half the time he drives alone.. but now hes more towards the V8 4.6L GXR... around 265k. but its still a thing... any other less fuel consuming large SUVs?

Fuel Economy and Large 4x4s with big engines don't belong in the same sentence. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

If he's worried so much about fuel economy then get a 4cyl Kia sportage 

4 hours ago, desertdude said:

It's not mental hurdle, but experience. I kind of agree that now Japanese are not as great as they used to be before, but they are still FAAAAAR better than US cars in terms of durability, reliability and resale.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.