•  
Advertise here

The abandoned cars of Fukushima

Barry

It's sad to read about nuclear leak in japan and how car are also affected. Wondering if there is any problem in driving such cars?

If you put a battery and some fresh fuel in them they'll drive fine. The problem is they are contaminated with radioactive fallout and you might start growing extra limbs. That's if you don't die of radiation sickness first. Read about radiation sickness, it's probably in the top 5 most horrible ways to die. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Barry said:

I've seen the rows of skylines in Al Awir. All half way through or waiting to get LHD conversions

Yes I know those shops. But we were talking only about the names mentioned earlier and Nissan wasn't among those, Skylines don't come in LHD to they do get converted but you can't register them anymore, earlier you could get conversions registered only in Umm Al Quain. Back then a lot of RHD Land cruisers were also stacked in those shops. But now UAQ also has stopped. proof is many Skyline R34s do you see on the roads here ? And why only Skylines how man LHD popular JDMs conversions driving around ? 

So anything getting converted is either being re-exported or for people who have some special connections, ;) if you know what I mean.  

• Like (+1) 1

These are really great cars. I would go for the GTR or the datsun! I mean, these are the beasts of the road in their times!