•  
Advertise here

The abandoned cars of Fukushima

Barry

We all know the stories about the abandoned supercars of Dubai. Well here's an interesting article I came across about the abandoned cars of Fukushima that I thought you might enjoy. After the tragic tsunami and ensuing nuclear problems, this is what was left behind.

http://juiceboxforyou.com/2015/01/the-abandoned-cars-of-fukushima/

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

Edited by Barry

It is sad. Homes, possessions, cars, all contaminated and abandoned. Not to mention the people that lost their lives. It's the Japanese version of Pripyat. Japanese import cars is big business back home in Ireland. When the cars come into the port in Dublin you can still find stickers inside the windscreens of some to say they have passed radioactivity testing. Just makes you realize how serious it all is and it doesn't just affect Japan. 

50 minutes ago, Barry said:

It is sad. Homes, possessions, cars, all contaminated and abandoned. Not to mention the people that lost their lives. It's the Japanese version of Pripyat. Japanese import cars is big business back home in Ireland. When the cars come into the port in Dublin you can still find stickers inside the windscreens of some to say they have passed radioactivity testing. Just makes you realize how serious it all is and it doesn't just affect Japan. 

i always wondered why the japan imports here are left hand drives while in japan its RHD.... whats the real reason? ik this is not the topic but wants to know... 

No only American and European cars imported from Japan are LHD here becuse they are LHD there also. You wont find LHD jap grey imports here, other wise the roads here would be flooded with JDMs

Maybe what you are referring to are the US damaged imports they are all LHD but passed off by some scrupulous people as Jap imports, but they are very easy to tell apart

i mean my w211 for example.... its head unit is still japanese here and there even after converting to english. it also have the weird toll gate ETC thing and is a japan import..

16 hours ago, hAwX said:

i mean my w211 for example.... its head unit is still japanese here and there even after converting to english. it also have the weird toll gate ETC thing and is a japan import..

Mercedes is a European car so its a LHD Import 

On 7/5/2017 at 6:55 PM, Barry said:

I've worked on a couple of Japanese import Mercedes here. Both had half assed LHD conversions.

I've been dealing with Jap imports in some way or the there since the mid 90s and never seen a conversion. Must be some crap imports, Japanese prefer LHD imports as it a sign of an expensive import with more street cred even though RHD variants are available for the same car. Hence you'll find factory LHD Mercs, BMWs, Audis and even VWs imported from Japan. Other cars which come in LHD here are Jeeps and Chevy trucks  

Just visit the complex right across from Aweer used car complex where most of the RHD imports are and parked in between you'll see these LHD gems parked, not conversions. 

For example 
https://www.dubicars.com/2002-mercedes-benz-s-500-l-k60-lorinser-kit-101183.html

Mercedes-Benz S 500 L K60 Lorinser Kit